Euro2012

First day of Euro2012 action today…so far been using the Euro2012 Live iphone app, seems to be working well.
Go Netherlands!!!

Yay! Netherlands have a great team!

Predictions?

I’m basing my predictions on just what I’ve observed from watching the Spanish league, and the occasional English and German league game.

Germany’s going to win. Just based on Ozil alone :smile: When you add in the other members of the team, I think they’ll be unstoppable.

http://cjzero.com/gifs/SZCZESNY.gif

France is rejuvenated and will give them a run for their money. So will the Netherlands.

Spain is still strong, but I think the drama of the huge number of Barcelona-Real Madrid matches in the last couple of years will knock them down a few percentage points on the team unity front.

Portugal’s still missing a striker, but will be competitive. They’ve lost their two of their veteran defenders and their defensive posture due to the new coaching direction, but they’ve gained some counterattack, especially from the Real Madrid players on the team. Of course I’m cheering for them, but I think Germany’s the more complete team.

Congrats to the Canadian Men’s team for taking down Cuba in CONCACAF World Cup qualifying today.

And for tying the Merkins a little while ago. Ah the good old days of CONCACAF before the Merkins started being decent.

Love the “Centennial” soccer jersey too. Classy.

[quote]Predictions?

I’m basing my predictions on just what I’ve observed from watching the Spanish league, and the occasional English and German league game.

Germany’s going to win. Just based on Ozil alone :smile: When you add in the other members of the team, I think they’ll be unstoppable.

[/quote]

I totally agree with MIG. Germany will win.

Interesting stats from Germany - Portugal today.

7 out of 11 German starters play for Bayern Munich. 5 players on the field play for Real Madrid (2 Germans, 3 Portuguese). All the German starters are either from the German league or the Spanish league. Lukas Podolski will play in England next year. For the Portuguese starting side, 3 play in Portugal, 4 in Spain, and the rest in England, Italy, and Russia.

5 of the German starting side are immigrants, or sons of immigrants, 1 of the Portuguese side is an immigrant. The Portuguese manager is the youngest at the Euro.

Ah it’s all over. All I can say is that neither Portugal or Germany would have lost to Spain by 4 goals!