Epicurian building

Does anyone have any info on when the old Epicurean building will be torn down? Will City Hall intercede to have it torn down?

I don’t think the Inlander stayed up this long.

It should be coming down in the next couple of weeks.  Apparently it has taken so long to get the paperwork done that the person that won the contract to tear it down has gone on holidays with his family.  The job has been taken over by another contractor that is just waiting for final word on starting the demolition job.

Good to hear as it’s an eye sore.  On arrival off Airport and Greyhound Buses it’s the first thing people see… 

Another big hole for the tourists, Closed stores all over the place and burned buildings, they should have great photos to share on the rinse.

Business wise for stores closing a “fire” isn’t a bad idea.  :imp: :laughing:

You are correct Soggy about the Inlander but that was at the owner’s expense.  Does anyone know for sure if this is going to be taken down at the owner’s expense or the city?    :neutral_face:

The City could direct that it be taken down. The cost would be borne by the owner of the building.

The buliding is under the insurance control not the owner he got his payout.

Duh! Then the insurance company is the owner.

Yes

No, the insurance company does not take ownership of the damaged property. They appoint an adjuster who attends to site clean-up, repairs etc on behalf of the owner as per the terms of the policy. They may also make claims against any responsible parties (or their insurer) to recover their costs.

[quote=“BTravenn”]
No, the insurance company does not take ownership of the damaged property. They appoint an adjuster who attends to site clean-up, repairs etc on behalf of the owner as per the terms of the policy. They may also make claims against any responsible parties (or their insurer) to recover their costs. [/quote]

+1  :sunglasses:

You ar wrong btaveeran they have taken over the file.

if the owner had replacement insurance,ie the cost for rebuilding in today’s dollars, for the building then the insurance company would have to rebuild the building, if the owner didn’t have full replacement value then he gets a buyout based on the current value of the building, and any clean up costs would be either or, depending on the inusrance policy, but most of the time the insurance company pays for that

Taken over the file or sole ownership of the property. I do believe Ins. companies deal in Ins. not real estate and have given the go ahead to clean and start the rebuild process,the owner would still be that,the owner. It is like if I lose my house in a fire and they take the file over i lose my house?, no they pay to replace it and belongings in it. They don’t give me the cash and take my house/land.

Listening to my scanner the other night and young teens were found in the building drinking and jacking about.  It needs to be  cleaned up NOW, or it should at least be properly secured so that kids/drunks can’t get in.  If someone, even if trespassing, were seriously hurt or killed in that building, who’s responsible?

quite the eye sore…no kidding, it has been too long . I hope it is cleaned up soon ,at least before my company arrives end on August…  :neutral_face:

I imagine it’s the person trespassing on private property…

Just Darwin doing his job!