Enter the Tiger

Apple has finally announced when Tiger is available (April 29th).

(Those who have been following this already know, but I thought I’b be the first to mention it on HTMF.)

All right, now I’m going to buy an iBook!

Of course, if you had Russian friends, you’d already have Tiger.

To bad the Russian friends couldn’t install it on a G3 : O )

Actually you might just want to wait till after June : O )

[quote=“jleaman”]

Actually you might just want to wait till after June : O )[/quote]

Why? ( you can pm me if you want.)

developer.apple.com/wwdc/

Because i bet something new comes out… Never buy a new machine from apple before a huge event…

Well, I’ve installed Tiger on my iBook, very snappy. Everything is faster, and noticeably so.

I will try it on a G5 iMac tomorrow, and a G3 iMac at the same time. G4 powerbook the next day, and then dual G5 during the weekend.

Then I’ll report back. Thankfully I have the “family license”…

So far so good, though. Very cool.

Also, iChat AV now does MSN, AIM, Yahoo, etc…

MiG, which update method do you plan to use? When my copy arrives I think I’ll use the Archive & Install method.

I’ve always done the format method.

I have a firewire drive that I back up everything to, then run it…

Well, it’s been running on the iBook for a day now, and it’s fine. Very fast. Installing it on a G3 iMac DV right now.

Will install it on iMac G5 this afternoon.

The e-mail client has been changed… dashboard and spotlight are the biggest changes otherwise. Oh, and it seems really optimized. I can see a real difference in speed…

[quote=“MiG”]Well, I’ve installed Tiger on my iBook, very snappy. Everything is faster, and noticeably so.

I will try it on a G5 iMac tomorrow, and a G3 iMac at the same time. G4 powerbook the next day, and then dual G5 during the weekend.

Then I’ll report back. Thankfully I have the “family license”…

So far so good, though. Very cool.[/quote]

license ?

You should post some screen shot’s of the new mail. That is my most wanted feature and some complaints about it too…

Dashboard rocks, as does Tiger

http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/11583/normal_screenshot2.jpeg

Automator is going to kick ass. I can’t wait to start making script’s for thing’s.