Election Signs- clean up your junk

Does anyone know who to call about these signs that are still up? I think there should be a littering fine. It won’t be hard to know who to send the tickets to now would it?

While I agree that they should have them all cleaned up…if it is bothering you so much, why don’t you go and pick one up and put it in the garbage if it is bothering you so much…I saw one on the side of the street yesterday and put it in the garbage…issue solved.

why dont u make a sign up to advertise your cause of cleaning up signs and put them in the lawns of the people who ran for election.

Does this issue come up every year on HTMF if so pretty lame issue.

lots of lame issues repeat themselves here lol

[quote=“bthedog”]

While I agree that they should have them all cleaned up…if it is bothering you so much, why don’t you go and pick one up and put it in the garbage if it is bothering you so much…I saw one on the side of the street yesterday and put it in the garbage…issue solved.[/quote]

You are missing the point. A responsible person cleans up after themselves and people who run for elected positions have a responsibility to clean up the signs that they put out, period.
As for those who consider this a lame issue, why you would read or respond to something you consider so lame?
I wonder how much spare time must you have to take time out of your day to criticize something rather than writing something relevant?

Or perhaps you could pick the signs up yourself and drop them off at their respective offices (if they are still operational) - no good deed goes un-noticed

(that took me 2.5 seconds to read and 3.8 to respond) <<<< to answer your previous query about reading and responding to “useless posts”

[quote=“BOW”]
You are missing the point. A responsible person cleans up after themselves and people who run for elected positions have a responsibility to clean up the signs that they put out, period.?[/quote]

So it’s the candidate’s responsibility regardless of what the weather or hoodlums might have done with them? Fair enough, but if you see a sign in a creek or off the side of the road and it’s bothering YOU then why don’t YOU go grab it? You can even deliver it to the candidate in question and let them know you didn’t appreciate having to pick up their garbage.

On the other hand, it might be more productive to make several posts here and stay angry about something that doesn’t really matter to begin with.

[quote=“eccentric”]

[quote=“BOW”]
You are missing the point. A responsible person cleans up after themselves and people who run for elected positions have a responsibility to clean up the signs that they put out, period.?[/quote]

So it’s the candidate’s responsibility regardless of what the weather or hoodlums might have done with them? Fair enough, but if you see a sign in a creek or off the side of the road and it’s bothering YOU then why don’t YOU go grab it? You can even deliver it to the candidate in question and let them know you didn’t appreciate having to pick up their garbage.

On the other hand, it might be more productive to make several posts here and stay angry about something that doesn’t really matter to begin with.[/quote]

Or if you’re a candidate, successful, failed or retired and some of your “publicity” is still around town, maybe, just retrieve it and not detract from the visual beauty of our city.

Yes, obviously–but is there anyone here arguing that the signs are still up on purpose? Again, it’s clear that a few candidates let some signs slip through the cracks by accident.

And again, you can all complain about it on here and stay angry and bitter. Some people seem to like that. Alternatively, stop your car next time you see one of the signs instead of coming back on here?

[quote=“Smurfette”]

Take what you need from the road side, doesn’t seem like anyone is in a hurry to collect them.[/quote]

I haven’t actually seen many… But it IS dark before and after work!!
I’ll take a look!