Election Signs- clean up your junk

Council candidates ( and every other candidate,provincial and federal for that matter ) put their signs up all around town then often forget to clean things up once the election is over.
It’s like they are saying " Hey, I am the person who can run this city, province or country but I just can’t remember how many signs I littered all over town ".
Hey,for all of you who ran, how about starting your political careers by picking up your junk before it turns into more of the crap that ends up in our creeks and ocean.

You said it! Cheers to that!

Bow, Thank you for mentioning the signs. I did have some of my signs ripped off and there were some the wind had blown some off. I did look for them but did not find them. If you or anyone see my any of my signs, please let me know and I would be more than happy to pick them up. Really do appreciate your help.

I am sure the other candidates would do the same (pick them up if they know where they are). The City Hall has their contact information and a polite call to them for that information would definitely help clean up our community.

As for my signs, you can either email me cmorhart@citytel.net or call me 627 5339.

Thank you again.
Corinna

I apologize for my signs not being down yet. I am picking up the small signs today and am arranging for the big signs to be taken down since I dont have a truck. They will be down by Friday for sure. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks to those who have cleaned up their signs. Still have Judy Carlick-Pearsons laying around beside tennis courts on second, one from Jennifer Rice at Ridley road and Nelson’s , don’t remember where but saw it yesterday. Come on councillors, is it really that hard? I know it’s been lousy weather but how long does it take?

Often the council candidates have people help put signs up around town, so I imagine that with so many to pick up it’s easy to forget where one or two might be hiding. Probably just a matter of time til those signs are down, I doubt are up on purpose.

maybe writing down where they put them might help then if they cant remember . but really for them to think a sign is gonna change someones opinion in how they vote is rediculous lol

[quote=“eccentric”]

Often the council candidates have people help put signs up around town, so I imagine that with so many to pick up it’s easy to forget where one or two might be hiding. Probably just a matter of time til those signs are down, I doubt are up on purpose.[/quote]

I wish you were right but I have found and thrown out election signs that are years old after finding them in creeks and along paths during walks.
I think if the people putting them out were to make their own list and just follow it backwards a day after the election might be an idea? Taking care of it the day after would reduce the amount that get blown around or whatever.
Just saying’…

Making a list won’t stop the tomfoolery from the tricksters and vandals who put the signs in the creeks and on paths in the first place.

[quote=“eccentric”]

Making a list won’t stop the tomfoolery from the tricksters and vandals who put the signs in the creeks and on paths in the first place.[/quote]

with the wind we have in november you blame vandals and tricksters have you noticed they are too busy robbing laundromats and chinese restaurants. i will repeat signs do not get peoples votes stop putting them up . people going for election are the real vandals. how about i post a huge sign that im having a garage sale why is it any different? they should have a littering offence ticket in all reality .

[quote=“eccentric”]

Making a list won’t stop the tomfoolery from the tricksters and vandals who put the signs in the creeks and on paths in the first place.[/quote]

Well the onus is on the would be councillors and such to clean up their own mess and to do it in a prompt manner.

The longer the things stay up the more likely they are for “tomfoolery”

pro tip… if you cant manage the simple task of noting where you put up election signs you shouldnt be attempting to run anything larger than a bus stop.

BINGO !!!

I would like to have some old coroplast signs if anyone is willing to give them to me. I use them for my guinea pig cage.

Take what you need from the road side, doesn’t seem like anyone is in a hurry to collect them.

Maybe some of the Wanna-be councillors will pick theirs up and put it in their basements , then wait for three or four more years and come out once more into the pulic only to shake more babies and kiss hands . You always notice how much they care about their community , no seat then I am invisible .

Princess, I did reuse some of my old signs during this past election as I believe in recycling and reusing. Just give me a call or email me and I will be more than happy to give you some of the old coroplast for your little one. :smile:

Cheers,
Corinna :smile:

Judy Carlick Pearson has some up at the tennis court on 2nd W. She has no apparent motivation to take them down or clean up at all.

Judy Carlick Pearson has one on the tennis court on 2nd W. She does not seem interested it taking down on her own, must be preparing to run the city more effectively. There is still lots around, I would suggest helping yourself.

I dislike election signs…to me they are a waste of money. Most people know who they are going to vote for, and I’m sure in most cases a sign hasn’t determined who someone is going to vote for. You see enough of who is running on tv or in the local paper. I don’t like me them for any election. Federal, Provincial or Local we don’t need 'em.