Dvd copy

I just got a dual-layer +/- DVDRW but I’m wondering what program to use. There used to be one called DVDX or something like it. Any suggestions? Bundled Nero is next to useless, haven’t found any DVDs it will copy.

i think your referring to dvd x copy express/platinum. the company got into legal troubles regarding their software so i dunno whats going on with that now.

i use dvd shrink combined with nero.

you can find some helpful guides here http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/.

If you’re talking about copying DVD movies or something…

I use DVD Decrypter to decod the DVD and dump it into an ISO on my hard drive. Then a program called DVD Shrink to remove all the crap (assuming it doesn’t fit on a single layer DVD). DVD Shrink lets you remove subtitles, languages, trailers and other stuff you don’t need. Then, NERO to burn…

If you end up with a single layer movie, DVD Decrypter will decode AND burn it to a DVD-R.

[quote=“orangetang”]If you’re talking about copying DVD movies or something…

I use DVD Decrypter to decod the DVD and dump it into an ISO on my hard drive. Then a program called DVD Shrink to remove all the crap (assuming it doesn’t fit on a single layer DVD). DVD Shrink lets you remove subtitles, languages, trailers and other stuff you don’t need. Then, NERO to burn…

If you end up with a single layer movie, DVD Decrypter will decode AND burn it to a DVD-R.[/quote]

ditto.

Personally, I like the menus and extra features and stuff on DVDs.

I copy and decrypt, then just shrink it down to fit the exact size of a 4.7 disk. I get rid of the other language tracks, but keep the extras.

Anyone want to share DVD images? i have 7 on my hard drive atm, but i can always make one from my collection in exchange for another.

VIA IRC!

I would, but my ISP is already a little annoyed about my ~80Gb of usage last month.

That’s why I <3 CityTel.

Meh CityTel is alright, only thing annoys me is that my upload speed is capped @ a max of 13 kb/s. Which on alot of good torrent sites like elitetorrents.org hurt you and your ratio quite a bit.

If you are on 1meg Its not a cap thats the max upload speed while downloading. When i first had that i could upload at 30K/s and download at 70

But now i have 2meg, and shaw and a line in alberta :laughing:

mm telus.