Duuude, what is UP with the water?

I just poured a bath for my kids and the water is YELLOW… what’s up with that?  Are other people having this problem?  Is it still safe to drink?

our water was like that a few days back! but we don’t drink the water.

They working on the water system in your area?

Maybe let the taps run for a bit?

Might help.

I don’t think they’re working on it, and yeah, I let the water fill a whole tub… (and I let the water run for a bit before filling it.)

I dunno, in all of my 21 years living in that area, I’ve never had a problem

Something to do with all the rain, maybe? I noticed an odd taste, but didn’t notice the colour.

Is there some way we can blame Herb and the council for this??

:smiley:

I’d wonder about the rain causing higher levels of drainage into the lakes that are the water supply source up there; muskeg/peat percolation does make the water turn brown. The city Engineering department should be able to address any concerns you make have I should think, give them a call in the morning.

Yeah, thanks, I’m planning on giving them a call.

I noticed yellow coloured water this evening as well around 8pm on 11th ave east close to mavrick mart. 

If you run normal tap water long enough, into a large enough container it will have a yellow colour to it. Pretty crazy whenever the Hot Tub at the swimming pool is drained and refilled with tap water (before the chemicals are added).

I doubt there’s any cause for worry–we’ve apparently got some of the cleanest water in Canada up here.

I overheard this -

Our water is so clean in rupert that they have to add some chemicals to the water, before they can add the chemicals to the water to clean it :neutral_face:

err yea

Its probly your hot water tank.  Fill you tub up with just cold water, then try just hot water.  People dont realize that the hot water from your hot tank its actually dirtier then the water coming in your house. 

they added more floride to it … to keep us in line …lol
No really ,we have really good water here . The yellow stuff is just organic matter. A filter before your water tank would eliminate the floaties .

also parts of town of higher lime build up, Hence the green hair streaks in people who dye their hair light colors.  :smile:

Maybe it’s the government putting rainbows in your water?

But seriously, I did the big bath thing this morning, and it’s fine here.

bathing or showering is one thing, I hope you didn’t drink the water, from your bath… :laughing:

Especially if the bath water is yellow after your children have bathed :smiley:

my kids and the water is YELLOW… what’s up with that?  Are other people having this problem?

causing higher levels of drainage into the lakes that are the water supply source up there; muskeg/peat percolation does make the water turn brown. The city Engineering department should be able to address any concerns