Drums For Sale........again

Hey there,

Let’s try this one more time.

I’ve got a set of drums for sale. Pearl Forum series, approx. 12 years old, great condition. New skins a couple of years ago.

Includes 12", 13", 16" toms, a 22" kick drum, and a 16" X 6" snare.

All the cymbals I have are Sabians;
14" AA Regular Hats
16" & 18" AA Medium Thin crashes
18" AA Thin Crash
10" HH Splash
18" AA Chinese
21" AA Dry Ride

Set also includes 5 cymbal stands, standard kick pedal and throne.

Here are a couple of pictures…
hackingthemainframe.com/coppermi … l_Pic2.JPG
hackingthemainframe.com/coppermi … l_Pic3.JPG

All this for the price of $800.00. Considering there is about $2000.00 worth of stuff here. It’s a pretty good deal.

If interested, or if you want to view them in person, you can leave a PM here or you can e-mail me at maguires@citytel.net

Thanks, in advance.

Four hundred dollars in dollar bills, you pay for shipping and also pay the postage on some letters that I have to send…

$450

$450 for all that stuff that is easily worth $2000?? You’re an idiot.

Oh wait… we established that long ago.

ok

A basic 5 piece pearl forum sells for $450 New Add some crashes and what ever else maybe $600.

Don’t a set of cymbals cost as much as a 5 piece drum set nowadays?

is there ppl jamming up here? i left my drums in calgary but can get em sent up. like jimi and ween jams and stuff??

mikko

My son, who will be 7 years old soon, wants a drum set. I don’t feel like buying him one of those kiddies sets. I thought of buying him one good drum ( small one) so he can still play. I was thinking that if he likes it, we could buy other pieces in the future and by the time he is ready to play for real, he might have a decent set.
What do the music experts here think???

smartass edit: crap sorry hit the edit button instead of the quote!

Ok, the symbols alone all together with stands are worth $800.00 brand new, so I think stanleys price is very fair (I played the drums for years)

[quote=“BigThumb”]My son, who will be 7 years old soon, wants a drum set. I don’t feel like buying him one of those kiddies sets. I thought of buying him one good drum ( small one) so he can still play. I was thinking that if he likes it, we could buy other pieces in the future and by the time he is ready to play for real, he might have a decent set.
What do the music experts here think???[/quote]

I’m no expert, but starting him off with a snare couldn’t hurt. That way, he’ll have 2 different sounds coming out of one drum.

[quote=“BigThumb”]My son, who will be 7 years old soon, wants a drum set. I don’t feel like buying him one of those kiddies sets. I thought of buying him one good drum ( small one) so he can still play. I was thinking that if he likes it, we could buy other pieces in the future and by the time he is ready to play for real, he might have a decent set.
What do the music experts here think???
[/quote]

I started with a drum pad. Best way because it gives you the feel of a drum but not the racket of an inexperienced person wrenching on a snare drum.

I concur w/ C-File, Stanley’s price is absolutely fair, if not more than fair.

If your son is going to start playing one drum, best to have him learning piano too. Keyboard theory is of tremendous value for all musicians. Personally, I don’t see any great benefit in starting w/ one drum vs. a full set, aside from the costs involved. Depends on how the kid practices I guess.

The kit itself was $999.99 when I bought it. That included some crappy bronze Sabian B8 cymbals and a stand.

I upgraded soon after and bought a few AA Sabians at a time. Any drummers out there can appreciate how much it is to upgrade a kit.

So…is anyone actually interested?

[quote=“Fodera”]I concur w/ C-File, Stanley’s price is absolutely fair, if not more than fair.

If your son is going to start playing one drum, best to have him learning piano too. Keyboard theory is of tremendous value for all musicians. Personally, I don’t see any great benefit in starting w/ one drum vs. a full set, aside from the costs involved. Depends on how the kid practices I guess.[/quote]

He started piano lessons last September. His older sister has done a few years already.
My intention is to let him explore. I am not a musician myself so I can’t really guide him. All I can do is provide opportunities. We have a keyboard ( and will be buying a piano soon) a small size but real guitar, a fiddle and a few harmonicas. It’s not much yet but hopefully, the kids will see it as an opportunity to explore.
So the other day, he looks at the sears catalog and says he would like a drum set. So I started thinking about it. (Don’t worry, my kids don’t get everything they want!!). But since I don’t know much, advice is greatly appreciated.
The drum pad idea sounds interesting. Especially if I can find one that connects to computer ( apple) to fool around with garageband.
In the end, I think music is a gift for life. For various reason, I don’t have that gift but that is one thing I am willing to wish for my children. Yes, for music, I will live vicariously through my kids!!!

That is absolutely wonderful that you’re willing to let your kids explore music like that. I hardly ever see that happening with parents. What I do see quite often is people having their kids take lessons, and then they’re disappointed when the kid wants to become a musician! I’m astounded at the number of options your son has already, and he’s taking lessons, which will put him so far ahead of the game once he figures out how it all ties together. Yep, sounds like he’s in an excellent situation to absorb musical concepts. Make sure you have an adequate supply of music for him to listen to as well, because it’s a language, and you need to hear it to speak it.

Ahhh, I’m getting all passionate here. ahah. Just make sure you have a buddy who knows something about drums try them out before you buy them. I’d be wary of purchasing a set out of a catalogue.

And I am interested, but still in a “I’ll have to wait it out for a bit still”, because I’m not presently in a situation to buy a kit.

I think $800.00 is fair. Depending on condition. Heck i have a kit worth over 5g’s sitting in my parents place and i haven’t touched it for over a year. thats one thing that sucks about living in apartments and basements

I would be very interested in this drum set… only I’m kind of poor at the moment :frowning:

I’ll probally end up buying a cheap set.

If I come accross that money i’ll let you know though.

[quote=“PsychoticEskimo”]I would be very interested in this drum set… only I’m kind of poor at the moment :frowning:

I’ll probally end up buying a cheap set.

If I come accross that money i’ll let you know though.[/quote]

Don’t worry about coing up with the money becasue I sold the drums back in August 2005.