DRLs?

The most annoying driving I see is people who just for the life of them can’t maintain a constant speed. Want to make things dangerous for everyone else? Do just that.
It’s the moron cruising Hwy 16 going 80 in a 100 zone, who speeds up to 90 when he sees you you close in, then forgets two minutes later and drops back to 80. Soon as there’s a passing lane, he moves right and rushes along at 120 until he sees the lane ending and the brake lights come on and it’s down to 90 ‘because there’s one lane’ and then 80 because there’s curves in the road.
I think it comes from a childhood of watching cartoons and TV movies. Cars are "plasticky’ so the faster they go, the wider they get from the air pushing on the front. If you turn a steering wheel more than 3 degrees, you’ll roll over and explode into flames.

There’s a simple solution, the little button on your signal stalk pr steering wheel. You push it and your car goes 100 km or whatever you set it at. It doesn’t slow down because the road turns or goes up or down, or how many lanes the headlights see. I seem to be one of the only 5 people in Northern BC who knows that.
I mentioned the subject over dinner one night and a friend mentioned how ‘most people’ only used cruise control “on long trips”. I guess the 50 km long stretch to Hooterville with posted at 100 doesn’t count, cuz we’d followed her. 120 for a few minutes, then 95, then 105, then down to 85. And worse, instantly answering every goddam call and text while she drove, in spite of the new law and all the safety talk.
Speaking of Hooterville the local joke is that the residents all buy their vehicles at Fox Ford (now Westline) because they can save $100 not buying the optional gas pedal… its the only place I can pass people in my 660cc mini truck!

LOL, I seriously hate those kind of drivers. Thank god I’m not the only one.

One of my pet peeves is when you passed a slower vehicle only to reappear at your tail 15 minutes later, and for the whole time your car is set on cruise control. O_o

BTW, it seems most people in Rupert doesn’t understand the purpose/concept of having multiple lanes on the highway.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]The most annoying driving I see is people who just for the life of them can’t maintain a constant speed. Want to make things dangerous for everyone else? Do just that.
It’s the moron cruising Hwy 16 going 80 in a 100 zone, who speeds up to 90 when he sees you you close in, then forgets two minutes later and drops back to 80. Soon as there’s a passing lane, he moves right and rushes along at 120 until he sees the lane ending and the brake lights come on and it’s down to 90 ‘because there’s one lane’ and then 80 because there’s curves in the road.
I think it comes from a childhood of watching cartoons and TV movies. Cars are "plasticky’ so the faster they go, the wider they get from the air pushing on the front. If you turn a steering wheel more than 3 degrees, you’ll roll over and explode into flames.

There’s a simple solution, the little button on your signal stalk pr steering wheel. You push it and your car goes 100 km or whatever you set it at. It doesn’t slow down because the road turns or goes up or down, or how many lanes the headlights see. I seem to be one of the only 5 people in Northern BC who knows that.
I mentioned the subject over dinner one night and a friend mentioned how ‘most people’ only used cruise control “on long trips”. I guess the 50 km long stretch to Hooterville with posted at 100 doesn’t count, cuz we’d followed her. 120 for a few minutes, then 95, then 105, then down to 85. And worse, instantly answering every goddam call and text while she drove, in spite of the new law and all the safety talk.
Speaking of Hooterville the local joke is that the residents all buy their vehicles at Fox Ford (now Westline) because they can save $100 not buying the optional gas pedal… its the only place I can pass people in my 660cc mini truck![/quote]

holy fuck do i hate people who can’t maintain their speed or speed up when you are passing them. My next car is going to have a lot more power than my current one just because of assholes that do that. That and drivers who slam on the brakes when you have to abort a pass that is no longer safe to complete meaning you have to hit your brakes twice as hard. I don’t understand what the fuck is so complicated about just maintaining your speed and letting the other driver take care of themselves. It’s not helpful to slow down making it harder for me to merge back in.

[quote=“jesus”]

Wise men do not take the advice of fools. You continue in your lane until you are able to merge safely, ideally traffic with alternate at the end of the merge with one car from each lane but people are assholes…

you do not stop and merge immediately upon seeing the sign stating the lane ends ahead that is the reason there is such a long merge lane. Idiots who block people from merging because they are “assholes that are just trying to rush past them” are in fact assholes themselves and are the ones causing the traffic delays. When merging into traffic say from the right lane to the left in vancouver there is a long merge lane which has the dashed white lines AT THE END for you to merge in and other drivers are supposed to not be dickheads and let you in.

Way to dredge up an old dead post though :wink:[/quote]

who said anything about stopping ? when the sign is 1-2 km’s back stating you should be in the lane it’s telling you to be in you have AMPLE time to move over and be in the proper lane as directed. ( example construction up ahead )

however some people " who think they are special’ tend to stay in the wrong lane ALLLL THE WAY TILL THE last 2 feet then try to merge into traffic. THOSE ARE THE ASS HOLES!!

[quote=“jase”]

[quote=“jesus”]

Wise men do not take the advice of fools. You continue in your lane until you are able to merge safely, ideally traffic with alternate at the end of the merge with one car from each lane but people are assholes…

you do not stop and merge immediately upon seeing the sign stating the lane ends ahead that is the reason there is such a long merge lane. Idiots who block people from merging because they are “assholes that are just trying to rush past them” are in fact assholes themselves and are the ones causing the traffic delays. When merging into traffic say from the right lane to the left in vancouver there is a long merge lane which has the dashed white lines AT THE END for you to merge in and other drivers are supposed to not be dickheads and let you in.

Way to dredge up an old dead post though :wink:[/quote]

who said anything about stopping ? when the sign is 1-2 km’s back stating you should be in the lane it’s telling you to be in you have AMPLE time to move over and be in the proper lane as directed. ( example construction up ahead )

however some people " who think they are special’ tend to stay in the wrong lane ALLLL THE WAY TILL THE last 2 feet then try to merge into traffic. THOSE ARE THE ASS HOLES!![/quote]

You still don’t understand how to merge, it’s ok. I’m not going to beat a dead horse. You carry on thinking the people merging properly are assholes and they will keep thinking you are an asshole.

I come down Peden Hill in Prince George to turn left to hit Costco. Only car coming down the hill at all, my blinker on and I turn go the length of the left turn lane. Across the street there’s a Ford Windsore, blinker on, waiting to turn left. Behind the line, not moving with ten cars behind her.
Sunny day, windows open and my daughter to whom I promised a driving lesson is in back while Daddy leans out the window and screams:
“THIS IS HOW YOU TURN LEFT YOU FUCKING DUMB C&^&. YOU PULL INTO THE INTERSECTION - AND WHEN YOU SEE NO CARS COMING YOU STEP ON THE FUCKING GAS AND FUCKING GO!!! BUT YOU CAN JUST SIT THERE BECAUSE THE LITTLE BLINKING ARROW FOR IDIOTS WILL COME BACK SOMEDAY…”

On the way UP the hill into PG she learned how you just keep going when there’s someone’s stopped dead with their blinker on where the right lane of the passing section ended because they’re a #%^@**!^^@%%@ chickenshit moron who can’t figure out how to merge so ^&&^&^@ the @&@(*&#^ the ##^$&@s.

That’s a good day. Shoulda caught me one Cold Turkey Day back when I was a courier in downtown Vancouver. You realize how strong nicotine is when your brain fizzes back into reality after a fit and you realize you’re screaming “MOVE IT YOU OLD DOUCHEBAG” at some 80 yr old lady with a walker in a VGH crosswalk.