Donut Factory, Mohawk, Husky location renewal

Second Avenue and first Street in Prince Rupert there used to be a donut Donut Factory what was it was before that I’m not sure but it looks like it’s up for renewal today.

Huh?

Can somebody translate this in English?

I think this is merely an observation that there is work going on at the old Husky gas station next to Safeway today. When I drove by there was an excavator working in there digging where the pumps were.

It is good to see new industrial activity in our fair city.

Aren’t they just removing the tanks?? That’s what it looks like.

At one time i heard that Safeway was considering opening a gas bar on that site…

I had totally forgotten that there was a donut shop in that location until now ad thinking back.

I sure cannot recall what was there prior to the donut shop, except way back in the 70s I am sure there were row apts there

[quote=“jamesbrown”]

I sure cannot recall what was there prior to the donut shop, except way back in the 70s I am sure there were row apts there[/quote]

Here is a pic that might help jar your memory. It is from 1932… Note, Large Clinic on the middle right.

princerupertarchives.ca/search/d … hp?ID=1511

Yes there were apartments there , l remember them being really run down and 3 stories high. A fire destroyed them. I remember the large gapping hole it left, from the prespective of a small kid.

I drove by last night and the pump canopy has been ripped down and the ground all torn up.

Maybe the owners are trying to make it more attractive to sell…cause the place looked like shit before…major eyesore.

[quote=“bthedog”]I drove by last night and the pump canopy has been ripped down and the ground all torn up.

Maybe the owners are trying to make it more attractive to sell…cause the place looked like shit before…major eyesore.[/quote]

Just like practically everything else in this town.

husky is just removing the remainder of their property and more then likely returning it to as was, they are still paying the lease for the property for abit longer