Dog crap , ulicensed dogs!

Ok then, any thoughts on Dog crap and licensing ? Our street is a mess with crap and I have to step around it to pick up after my hounds!!!

It’s a shitty situation.

Your dog needs a license to shit on the sidewalk? seriously though my dog is unlicensed because licensong serves no purpose. Others likely feel the same way especially since the city raised the fee…

Licensing has nothing to do with people being inconsiderate dickwads.

This is the reason that I like having my cat , she uses her tray with her Beachfront sand .

This is to the dog owner’s who use Conrad Street School playground as a litter box.Please take your dog some where else or pick up the dog do. Was at the playground on Saturday with my little people and the area behind the blue slides was covered in dog do. The children use this playground alot to run , swing and just have fun. Please be considerate of them and clean-up after your dog. To the dog owner’s who do pick-up, thanks and to the others who do not, keep your dog in your own yard.

But she is still taking a dump/piss INSIDE you house…thats ia NASTY regardless of whether it is in a sandbox or not…plus they step in that shit stuff and walk around…GROSS!

[quote=“bthedog”]

But she is still taking a dump/piss INSIDE you house…thats ia NASTY regardless of whether it is in a sandbox or not…plus they step in that shit stuff and walk around…GROSS![/quote]

lol, you dump/piss INSIDE your house…thats ia NASTY regardless of whether it is in a toilet or a outhouse…plus they wipe and toilet paper sticks and then your walking around with bits of paper…gross…lol just messing with ya…

^LOL haha

Yes I shit inside on my toilet, but I am not stepping in it and tracking it through my house, on my furniture, counters ect…

Maybe we should take pics of the offending dogs and post them here or somewhere else. Someone is bound to recognize who some of owners of the dogs are who are not picking up after their pet. Can’t take a pic of the owner 'cause that’s an invasion of privacy. I think it’s a disgrace the amount of dog shit in this town. Makes me want to have my dog shit in their yard, but I pick up after mine. As for licensing , we always license our dog, you never know if it happens to get loose you won’t have to pay a huge fine if its picked up and taken to the SPCA.

I don’t think it would be an invasion of privacy to take a photo of a person who is in public.

I don’t think it’s so cut and dried as that: library.findlaw.com/1998/Aug/1/129009.html

I don’t know if there’s something a bit more recent or not.

[quote=“jesus”]Your dog needs a license to shit on the sidewalk? seriously though my dog is unlicensed because licensong serves no purpose. Others likely feel the same way especially since the city raised the fee…

Licensing has nothing to do with people being inconsiderate dickwads.[/quote]

The license may get your dog back to you more quickly if it manages to run away as the numbers are recorded. And as someone else said, the fine is much smaller if the dog has a tag.

[quote=“bthedog”]

But she is still taking a dump/piss INSIDE you house…thats ia NASTY regardless of whether it is in a sandbox or not…plus they step in that shit stuff and walk around…GROSS![/quote]

Are you serious? Can you even imagine what you and your pets are schlepping through your house after a nice walk around the block? You can’t even walk around downtown without stepping in someones’ spit all over the sidewalks and that is GROSS !!

[quote=“mossINmyTOES”]

[quote=“jesus”]Your dog needs a license to shit on the sidewalk? seriously though my dog is unlicensed because licensong serves no purpose. Others likely feel the same way especially since the city raised the fee…

Licensing has nothing to do with people being inconsiderate dickwads.[/quote]

The license may get your dog back to you more quickly if it manages to run away as the numbers are recorded. And as someone else said, the fine is much smaller if the dog has a tag.[/quote]

My dog doesnt run away unless he’s at my parents place and then he just goes to the neighbours house to play with their dog. I’m not saying that he’s necessarily well trained but ever since he spent a night in the cold outside the front door when he was 1 he wasnt much for taking off.

Anyway he has a free tag from the vet that will trace him back to me so i dont need that ‘service’ if it ever were to be an issue. Licencing my dog is a waste of money for me especially if I were in rupert since IIRC its a yearly fee now?

This town needs a dog park BAD, this is proven to help this problem as well as others.

princerupert.ca/images/edito … BL3250.pdf for you reading pleasure.

Its nice to see responsible dogs!!

I would love if Rupert had a dog park, but there would still be a problem of owners NOT picking up after their pets…Park or no park.