Do not call list

Starting on September 30, 2008, the Government of Canada will FINALLY implement its DO NOT CALL list, making it illegal for telephone solicitors to disturb you with unsolicited sales calls if you have registered on the list. There are some exceptions.

A fact sheet on your consumer rights under the laws of Canada with respect to unsolicited telephone calls can be found at the following link.

Effective September 30, you can register with the Government of Canada on the DO NOT CALL list. A link to that page is also provided at this link.

crtc.gc.ca/ENG/INFO_SHT/t1031.htm

Sadly, most of the telemarketing calls Canadians receive will continue as “exemptions” under this new system.

[quote=“MiG”]
Sadly, most of the telemarketing calls Canadians receive will continue as “exemptions” under this new system.[/quote]

So MIG you don’t feel this will have any effect on the more aggressive telemarketers? 

I did notice the Telemarketing Rules will not apply to  telemarketing telecommunication made via voice mail broadcast, seems this is the way many are going now.

Edit by Eso: Fixed your quote tag.

wow… I managed to get my reply in MIG’s quote  :unamused: