Decent motel or hotel around Burns Lake or a little further east

We are driving to Jasper to go camping and splitting the trip into two days.  I don’t think we can make it to Prince George in one day with small kids who have never been in a car that long before.

I need a decent hotel for a family with kids to stay overnight after the first day’s driving.

Money is not a factor.  We don’t want to stay in a dump.  The nicer the better, but we will settle for clean and neat.

Alternatively if there is a nice campground about halfway there we would do that instead.

Any suggestions?

i’ve never personally stayed in Burns Lake, drove through there bout a month ago
and i know that the place listed below is the newest place there…and there is a restaurant beside it …
camping… stayed at ksan before in new hazelton…quite nice…along the river…
full hookups…not sure how its been since all the flooding earlier this year…

Sunshine Inn Burns Lake
The Sunshine Inn is conveniently located minutes from downtown and offers 49 units including smoking and non-smoking rooms. Additional facilities include a conference room and a restaurant next door.
Restaurant On Site Laundry Service or Facilities Kitchenettes Air Conditioning

Address: 940 Highway 16 West Burns Lake  BC  Canada  V0J 1E0
Send an Email Send an Email (4) Telephone 1 250 692-7696

A good place to start is tourism bc.
hellobc.com/en-CA/Accommodat … lumbia.htm

They have a set of standards that places have to meet in order to get in the approved accomodation guide.
Also a good place to contact is your local Visitor Center. There are tons all over the province. They are staffed with local people who have usually visited and know about the local accomodations.
Toll free: 1-800-667-1994, Email: info@tourismprincerupert.com

They can also book your hotel/motels for you anywhere in BC and in Alberta probably. The service is free and usually quite friendly.

I know this sounds overly complicated but it is a good way to know for sure you’re not booked into a crap hole.

And yeah I’m pretty sure the Sunshine Inn is an approved accomodation.
:smile:

I’ve stayed at the Lakeland in Burns Lake a few times and have found it quite pleasant.  If you’re lookng for something a little more up scale you might be better off either driving to PG, staying in Smithers at a place like the Hudson Bay Lodge or going off of the beaten path to a nice little B&B on one of the many lakes in the area.

bc-bed-and-breakfast.com/?n= … 7&t=region

I’ve stayed at the Hudson’s Bay Lodge in Smithers, it is a good halfway point between PR and PG.  It is a bit pricey.  Sandman Inn in Smithers is okay too.