Dave's Oyster Bar up for grabs

I see in the Northern Connector tonight that Dave’s Oyster Bar is for Sale.

Anyone have any background on what’s happened with it?

[quote=“Smurfette”]I see in the Northern Connector tonight that Dave’s Oyster Bar is for Sale.

Anyone have any background on what’s happened with it?[/quote]

That is too bad and the new season of the “Opener” is starting now so their episode will be aired this Fall ! Bad timing there. Maybe the bad “press” they kept receiving, they were always in the midst of changing and re-vamping. Sad to hear as they are two of the hardest workers I have ever known. Good Luck to them as I am sure they will try a new venture in the future !!

Bummer!

no suprise really . no advertising or trying to pull people in . i actually thought they were already closed

Not surprised in the least…their advertising and signage was terrible, you would hardly even know that opened or where they were located.

Way to many negatives to out weight the positives…I won’t miss this place if it shuts down…it brought really nothing new or of quality to the table.

Give me a La Cucina, Green Apple or a Boulets or something like that again…those were restaurants that brought something great to the food atmosphere in town!

If I may put forth a guess, I would presume they bit off more than they could chew. I mean it wouldn’t be the first time that someone opened a restaurant without knowing what they were getting themselves into. Running a restaurant is all work and more work. The vision is not enough to succeed, you need drive, determination, business sense, high expectations and the ability to overcome obstacles and setbacks. The first year usually separates the serious owner from the wanna-be.

To set the record straight, I know the owners and actually was in there Thursday night, and was talking to Marika about their choice to list the restaurant for sale. The reason isn’t because she doesn’t enjoy it but rather the new addition to their family and they are looking to relocate to be closer to family. She said originally, the plan was to operate it for a couple years and sell but they were blessed with their new baby boy a little ahead of schedule. So just to stop the rumour mill in its tracks I figured I should post this.

I’m sure it didn’t have anything to do with the bad rep they got for opening a restaurant that started out with bad food and poor service. In a small town it’s pretty hard to come back from that.

...  ouch  ...

[quote=“codybear933”]

[quote=“Smurfette”]I see in the Northern Connector tonight that Dave’s Oyster Bar is for Sale.

Anyone have any background on what’s happened with it?[/quote]

That is too bad and the new season of the “Opener” is starting now so their episode will be aired this Fall ! Bad timing there. Maybe the bad “press” they kept receiving, they were always in the midst of changing and re-vamping. Sad to hear as they are two of the hardest workers I have ever known. Good Luck to them as I am sure they will try a new venture in the future !![/quote]

I think changing and revamping was a big part of the problem - we never knew if they were there or not and they weren’t too good at answering the phone so we could ask.

LOL, that’s funny.

Congratulations you two on the new addition to your beautiful family ! Whether the oyster bar was a success or not, I know Marika from her Breakers days and she has always been a hard and dedicated worker. The fact they took a leap of faith to try and open a restaurant, one of the hardest ventures to accomplish even by seasoned chefs, says a great deal for this twosome. More than what many of us would be daring enough to try. I wish you all the success in the world !