D-link router

Hi all,
I have an older router that still does the job for me. Last week the connection was lost for awhile and, by mistake, I told my son to reset it instead of just shutting it off and on again. The reset erased all the password info and SSID that was already there. Today, I went back to the d-link website to fix it and I don’t know what step I’m forgetting because after I enter all the info in the proper fields and click on “Save Settings” , it doesn’t seem to save anything and I’m back to square one with an open wifi that works great but still without a password.
If anyone has an idea about what step I’m missing, let me know.

Here is a screenshot of the default setting at the webpage:

sorry cant help you but check out DD-wrt dd-wrt.com/site/index, ive installed it on every roter that would take it… thanks Mig for the wrt350N… still going strong…

see at the bottom… security mode. drop that down, and select the proper security you want to use… then put in your pas phrase and save…

Fi you still need help pm me and ill remote in with you and fix it…

also dlink has a very good help center, used it a few times to get my router up and running, try their 800 number if nothing else works

sit on the phone for 2 hours (n)

And then be told your router is old, what’s your Visa number.
Press the reset again and if it won’t save the setting throw it out.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]And then be told your router is old, what’s your Visa number.
Press the reset again and if it won’t save the setting throw it out.[/quote]

I told him YEARS ago to buy the apple router, you know the ones that are really GOOD mine till this day still works, i’m looking at it right now…

[quote=“jase”]
I told him YEARS ago to buy the apple router, you know the ones that are really GOOD mine till this day still works, i’m looking at it right now…[/quote]

Yep. My Airport extreme wireless router is awesome, it works like a champ. We’ve had it for 3-4 years now.

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“jase”]
I told him YEARS ago to buy the apple router, you know the ones that are really GOOD mine till this day still works, i’m looking at it right now…[/quote]

Yep. My Airport extreme wireless router is awesome, it works like a champ. We’ve had it for 3-4 years now.[/quote]

they were like 299$ but worth every bit of it… Buy a 99$ dlink and it last 1-2 years IF That… Manufactures build them so cheap, they can’t handle tons of traffic…

Whaddaya mean? We got a $39 Dlink router in the Band Office with 200 computers daisy chained to it. It works fine, it’s the Internet company that’s shitty!

Exactly, corporate office said we can buy a new router, so they hop over to staples buy the discontinued open boxed POS and run that and stuff the other 3500$ into the coffee / food budget… THEN wonder why they have malware / viruses and then slow intermittent internet…

Had a Netgear managed switch blow out on the mountaintop early Nov, and all we had was a retail Dlink to replace it.
Guess what we’ve been up to. 5 days hunting down a snowmobile that could haul 2 up in deep snow. They got to the top of the mountain & guess what. Forgot the keys to the shed (for at least the 7th time in 2 years).
Said the wind was blowing so hard the tracks were gone from the 1st trip up an hour before.
Frozen face, semi-pneumonia, perilous trip in the dark pissing your pants? 50-50 he’ll forget the keys again next trip.

Last year we scored a bunch of TPlink routers (we call the toilet paper link) for $9 ea. They’re all still running and you can set them with ddwrt. Can’t do that with Dlink, there’s only 2 or 3 compatible with ddwrt.
My post wasn’t a joke. Just like the motels who switch Internet providers whenever their contract’s up because no one’s gonna tell them that $99 Dlink from Staples won’t serve wireless to 40 rooms at once! They ALL just want to rip them off with some outrageous hardware solution no one at Radio Shack’s ever heard of.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Had a Netgear managed switch blow out on the mountaintop early Nov, and all we had was a retail Dlink to replace it.
Guess what we’ve been up to. 5 days hunting down a snowmobile that could haul 2 up in deep snow. They got to the top of the mountain & guess what. Forgot the keys to the shed (for at least the 7th time in 2 years).
Said the wind was blowing so hard the tracks were gone from the 1st trip up an hour before.
Frozen face, semi-pneumonia, perilous trip in the dark pissing your pants? 50-50 he’ll forget the keys again next trip.

Last year we scored a bunch of TPlink routers (we call the toilet paper link) for $9 ea. They’re all still running and you can set them with ddwrt. Can’t do that with Dlink, there’s only 2 or 3 compatible with ddwrt.
My post wasn’t a joke. Just like the motels who switch Internet providers whenever their contract’s up because no one’s gonna tell them that $99 Dlink from Staples won’t serve wireless to 40 rooms at once! They ALL just want to rip them off with some outrageous hardware solution no one at Radio Shack’s ever heard of.[/quote]

Whats wrong with advertising wireless at thie hotel to get the guest’s in the door then when they go to use it POOF no internet LOL !!

I see it all the time, dlink & linksys routers SHIT i have a box of them up in my closet collecting dust, why i dunnoooo…

I just installed a Sonicwall TZ100 last week for a client, i was shocked to hear them say were sick of viruses/spyware/malware we just want to be rid of this crap. So i sold them a Sonicwall & a 2 year subscription.

THEN i separated their home network to the home business on 2 different subnets so they can’t talk to each other / infect each other…

Called them last wek and they are still so happy…

Ive had my TZ210 running for a year now no viruses / spyware / malware… I used to run untangle, but it doesn’t do ssl vpn…

Dlink switches used to be good, but now i only use Cisco ( actuall cisco ) and HP…

Hp has life time warantee, & cisco does too now.

Bought my self a SG-200 24 port Managed gigabit switch, LOVE IT!!

Fixed!

I’m going to keep using this El Cheapo device for another little while.

Thanks for the advice jase and all.

BT