Curtain set to rise on PRSS presentation of Hairspray

One of the most anticipated items on the Lester Centre for the Arts schedule is almost here, as the always entertaining winter production from Prince Rupert Secondary School is set to take to the stage.

After almost three months of rehearsals, set construction and music co-ordination, PRSS is about to take Prince Rupert residents back in time to the era of integration in Baltimore Maryland of 1962.

(from the blog a town called podunk, click on the link below to see the entire item atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … -prss.html)

Should be a great three nights of shows, I hear tickets have been selling well.

Bump, opening night is tonight, show starts at 7:30

Bump number two for night number two. Curtain rises at 7:30

Final show tonight at 7:30, final bump.

Another fabulous performance. It is amazing how Alison is able to pull this off year after year. She and her team from the band to the set designers to the costumes, to the back stage crew and to all the other people who work together to make this happen cannot be praised adequately.

Of course the kids are wonderful. And, every year, I am surprised (though I shouldn’t be by now) at the incredible talent demonstrated by one or two very gifted performers.

Well done!

[quote=“DWhite”]Another fabulous performance. It is amazing how Alison is able to pull this off year after year. She and her team from the band to the set designers to the costumes, to the back stage crew and to all the other people who work together to make this happen cannot be praised adequately.

Of course the kids are wonderful. And, every year, I am surprised (though I shouldn’t be by now) at the incredible talent demonstrated by one or two very gifted performers.

Well done![/quote]

I echo your comments, was a very impressive performance (as always) and the hard work that the cast, band, crew and producers put in once again paid off.

We’re actually quite lucky here to have the kind of dedication in the schools to put on such things.

Hope that the tradition continues on to the merged school next year.