Credit score add

Pleeaasssee remove the credit score ad on the board index page. I think I just had a seizure.lol

Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like?

Ads by Google are customized, so not everyone sees the same ad. I’m seeing an ad for Christmas shopping at Futureshop on the main page.

Miguel

There’s no need for high anxiety over ads for credit scores, even leaving aside that ads are not very difficult to ignore.

There are two major credit reporting agencies in Canada, Equifax and Transunion (a US agency also operates here). They compile credit information from businesses that provide credit. They are not a lender or promoting any lender. Apply for a credit card or any other form of credit and in the fine print the consumer will have authorized the lender to provide information to credit reporting agencies.

The agencies are regulated by the federal Office of Consumer Affairs, and are obliged to give you all information they have about you and your credit, at no charge if requested by letter (there is a fast track method that has a small charge). If you disagree with anything written there you can ask for the record to be corrected.

I requested a credit report from both agencies to see what they had. Their information was the same. I was glad to see that problems that I had with the credit union when I was a customer there years ago had not affected my credit (or rating or score) at all, thus confirming some conclusions that I had drawn about their business practices.

It is not a bad idea to exercise one’s consumer rights and ask either of the credit reporting agencies to disclose what information lenders have collected and provided to them.

Of course, now that this is a thread about credit scores, guess what the ads will be about? :smile:

Edit: The New Silverado HD, apparently :smile:

Yes, and Transunion’s helpful ad also points out that checking their credit reports on occasion can help protect against identity theft.

I’ve got netflix adds. :smile:

I didn’t see anything.
Oh! That WAS my credit score!!!
heh…heh…

I get american express card ads

I’ve got adblock.

Me too.

What does it say about you as a person that you:

• user a browser, created by volunteers, that is largely funded by Google ads. Which you block. We’re not talking about some multinational corporation here. The Mozilla foundation is a truly worthy cause. And by not displaying ads, you’re ripping them off, while ironically using the fruits of their (largely volunteer) labour.

• visit this site, run by volunteers, that wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for the Google ads. Which you block. Again, not a multinational corporation. Just a website that depends on displaying those ads to pay its bills.

[quote=“MiG”]

What does it say about you as a person that you:

• user a browser, created by volunteers, that is largely funded by Google ads. Which you block. We’re not talking about some multinational corporation here. The Mozilla foundation is a truly worthy cause. And by not displaying ads, you’re ripping them off, while ironically using the fruits of their (largely volunteer) labour.

• visit this site, run by volunteers, that wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for the Google ads. Which you block. Again, not a multinational corporation. Just a website that depends on displaying those ads to pay its bills.[/quote]

I see you didnt quote me :wink: I’m a bad person what can I say. I justify my actions by using the google search bar built into firefox which they are paid handsomely for.

I had no problem with google text ads but the animated ones are annoying.

edit: As for thsi forum well I contribute a lot of content which gets more ad viewers so umm ya.

Also these are just made up spur of the moment justifications I am making because I dont really think about it. I installed adblock to block irritating ads and never thought about it again.

Jesus, you don’t have family members who work in the ad-supported newspaper industry :smile: And who have sites also hosted for free on this server :smile: You know, the server the ads pay for.

I’m not going to stop anybody for using adblock, but maybe people shouldn’t be proud about ripping off Mozilla and HTMF :smile:

As for you, Jesus, your posts are only ever viewed in the Wasteland, so they’re only seen by those you’re insulting.

Meanwhile, here’s an easy fix: