CP Rail boss says West Coast ports expansion should focus on

I came across this article, and it sounds like CP rail CEO is crying over the container port in rupert. I don’t whether it was the author of the article or Rob Ritchie, but one of them is on crack.

That is a huge load of crap… I think hes just pissed off because he doesnt have a rail line into rupert, and CP is gunna go down the shit shoot.

Looks like he’s in panic mode trying to protect his interests while filling everyone’s heads with a load of crap. With the back log at the Port of Vancouver no doubt alot of business will be lost to CP and come up to our Port. I’m not sure what he is trying to say when he calls us imitators, there is no imitating. Its called progress. I’m sure that Seattles port doesnt look at Vancouvers as being an imitator.

Seattles port only has half the capacity of vancouvers port with the 2 new cranes… prince rupert has 3 cranes on order that are larger than the two new ones in vancouver as well as being faster. It is to be the 2nd largest multihandling capacity container terminal in north america. Vancouver will have to blow down a mountain to catch up. There are too many reasons to upgrade the facility in rupert over vancouver. I think the liberal gov’t wants to take some of the congestion out of vancouver for the olympics.

I hate to break it to you Joel, but this is old news. That press confrence/breakfast meeting happened some two months ago. General consensus at that time was that Rob Ritchie was pissed off about lossing bussiness to CN and their monopoly on rail transport out of PR.

Old news or not the point remains the same.

It will be nice once it’s up and running for the simple fact that if Vancouver screws up stuff could be diverted to Rupert instead of the USA.
This trucker’s strike in Van, preceeded by rail problems out of Van is severely blackening their name as a container port. It’s been affecting us for two weeks now, cuz those containers are full of computer parts.
We’re small and order and build on the fly, and had to rob retail stock. Now we have to order Hitachi harddrives and we’re out of RAM and combo burners. Bad timing, we just found Future Shop and Staples selling 512MB of DDR400 for $159, and wecould get it for $49… if it wasn’t in a container stuck behind the picket line.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]It will be nice once it’s up and running for the simple fact that if Vancouver screws up stuff could be diverted to Rupert instead of the USA.
This trucker’s strike in Van, preceeded by rail problems out of Van is severely blackening their name as a container port. It’s been affecting us for two weeks now, cuz those containers are full of computer parts.
We’re small and order and build on the fly, and had to rob retail stock. Now we have to order Hitachi harddrives and we’re out of RAM and combo burners. Bad timing, we just found Future Shop and Staples selling 512MB of DDR400 for $159, and wecould get it for $49… if it wasn’t in a container stuck behind the picket line.[/quote]

Do you order from Simmtec? They have some wicked good prices everything… processors are dirt cheap. I was on the Dell website the other day, and they have a good price on a P4 2.8 533, 512mb 80 gig and free 17" flat pannel for $799 canadian. Good?.. Look very closely, if you want to upgrade to 1 gig of ram, its $200 extra, the 17" flat pannel is optional, but include a 15" with the system. DVD burner is $175 extra. The list goes on, and at the same time reading this I was shaking my head. I can’t believe they actually sucker stupid people like that. Thank god I know my computer pricing pretty well. Who knew building and ordering computers everyday would come in handy.