Cover of Time Magazine

Cover of Time Magazine:

Heh, guess they didn’t think we would know Messi?

Unfortunately time does this often…

Americans are just different from the rest of the world.

Well, to be fair, I doubt most North Americans (yes, including Canada) know this King Leo guy. But maybe it would be a good opportunity to learn about the rest of the world.

Personally, I’d love to forget he exists :smile:

[quote=“MiG”]
Personally, I’d love to forget he exists :smile:[/quote]

Messi is awesome. He’s a testament to the saying “Good things comes in small packages”. I don’t think we’ve seen any short athlete dominate a pro sport since Maradona ( Horse racing excluded).

On another note, the Canadian Women’s National Team fell apart tonight. They had good pressure when it was 1-0 for the US but they couldn’t score. I guess they learned a few things to prepare for the Olympics.

I know he’s awesome.

But when your team is at a historic high, with the best coach in the world, some of the best players on Earth at the height of their careers, breaking scoring records, it kinda sucks to have to come up against Messi and his crew all the time. At least for the first time in 4 years or so, Real Madrid is ahead of his team in the league. Though they were just squeezed out of Copa del Rey by Barcelona last week.

Anyway, as the joke goes (and the Time article mentions), there’s one way to stop Messi: Put an Argentina shirt on him. Not to take away from his greatness, but without Xavi and Iniesta, he’s average :smile:

[quote=“MiG”]
…without Xavi and Iniesta, he’s average :smile:[/quote]

And that is why soccer is one of the ultimate team sports, despite the emphasis that fans and FIFA puts on individuals.