Council Meeting last night - Mussallem is ridiculous!

I don’t know about any of you, but I was OUTRAGED at the way Mayor Mussallem spoke to and belittled Mrs. Martin who was there representing the recycling centre during the council meeting last night.

His tone of voice and the way he rudely said “No you may NOT!!!” after she asked to interrupt when he began going on a long tangent, was ridiculous and uncalled for.

I found it very rude, disrespectful and his explanation ridiculous (that the city is out 9 million, so lets cut recycling hours to save 23,000…GMAFB…surely he must see how ridiculous that argument is 23,000 is not even a drop in the bucket…)

You could tell after Mussallem was done his “speech” that Martin and the rest of the group (even some councillors seemed a little uncomfortable) were not impressed with being spoken to the way they were.

Mussallem came off to me as big bully know-it-all last night and I just couldn’t believe the level of disrespect that he showed a long upstanding citizen such as Mrs. Martin. His responses to a lot of those who spoke last night came off as just generally uncaring, and his demeanour during the entire night was entitled and crass.

When are the citizens of PR going to stop electing fools like this to city government?

Just be thankful he didn’t give her a swift kick in the ass.

[quote=“bthedog”]I don’t know about any of you, but I was OUTRAGED at the way Mayor Mussallem spoke to and belittled Mrs. Martin who was there representing the recycling centre during the council meeting last night.

His tone of voice and the way he rudely said “No you may NOT!!!” after she asked to interrupt when he began going on a long tangent, was ridiculous and uncalled for.

I found it very rude, disrespectful and his explanation ridiculous (that the city is out 9 million, so lets cut recycling hours to save 23,000…GMAFB…surely he must see how ridiculous that argument is 23,000 is not even a drop in the bucket…)

You could tell after Mussallem was done his “speech” that Martin and the rest of the group (even some councillors seemed a little uncomfortable) were not impressed with being spoken to the way they were.

Mussallem came off to me as big bully know-it-all last night and I just couldn’t believe the level of disrespect that he showed a long upstanding citizen such as Mrs. Martin. His responses to a lot of those who spoke last night came off as just generally uncaring, and his demeanour during the entire night was entitled and crass.

When are the citizens of PR going to stop electing fools like this to city government?[/quote]

At least he’s only around maybe one day a year.

I’m sure this outburst will help with the consultation turnout next week. Nice touch.

Just saw a portion of the Council meeting on the news and can’t believe how Mussallem spoke to Mrs.Martin ! He owes her an apology for his total lack of respect and for his TOTAL air of arrogance. What a piece of work!!

I was going to add a comment about the emperor, his clothes and the imperial court but decided for apathy.

lol

Does anybody have video of Mussalem that one could remix with a techno beat? You know, with him repeating “No you may NOT!” over and over again?

[quote=“photoguy”]

lol[/quote]

Not funny... I'm sorry to hear Mrs.Martin you were treated with no respect from Jack ass.....
        perhaps he needs a bottle of J.D. at the meetings... whats up with him.

[quote=“My2cents”]

lol

Not funny... I'm sorry to hear Mrs.Martin you were treated with no respect from Jack ass.....
        perhaps he needs a bottle of J.D. at the meetings... whats up with him.[/quote]

My bad. I didn’t mean to diminish this situation. I was referring to the letter the Mayor wrote the Northern View several months ago. It seems there’s a bit of a pattern forming.

[quote=“Mig”]
Does anybody have video of Mussalem that one could remix with a techno beat? You know, with him repeating “No you may NOT!” over and over again?[/quote]

Please. Someone. Do it.

Double post, oh well. Here’s CFTK’s story on it–including the firm “No you may not” after Mrs. Martin politely asks if she might interrupt the Mayor.

link.brightcove.com/services/pla … 9946838001

Seriously, Jack, I know you don’t read the internets, but I’m sure someone will print this out for you, so you can threaten all of us with a kick in the ass.

But man, you need to get your priorities straight.

Talk down to Ms. Martin this way, when she has excellent points, and doesn’t really want much from the City. Did you talk down to those who suggested the City spend more than a million dollars maintaining the White Elephant Corporate Mill?

NO YOU MAY NOT!!!

Hopefully this is not a foreshadow of things to come.

“Mr. Mayor, may we expect better performance from you and the Council?”

NO YOU MAY NOT!

“Mr. Mayor, may we hold some promise of action resulting from these consultations?”

NO YOU MAY NOT!

“Mr. Mayor, may I suggest to you and the Council some ideas for dealing with our dire circumstances?”

NO YOU MAY NOT!

[quote=“dabbledon”]Hopefully this is not a foreshadow of things to come.

“Mr. Mayor, may we expect better performance from you and the Council?”

NO YOU MAY NOT!

“Mr. Mayor, may we hold some promise of action resulting from these consultations?”

NO YOU MAY NOT!

“Mr. Mayor, may I suggest to you and the Council some ideas for dealing with our dire circumstances?”

NO YOU MAY NOT![/quote]

More like… mayor… shit where’d he go?

Well done, Mr. Mussalem, now when potential investors and others intereseted in Prince Rupert go to Google and search for “Prince Rupert” or “Jack Mussalem” they’re going to see a remix video of you saying “NO YOU MAY NOT!”

You’re getting ahead of me!

hackingthemainfilm presents: NO YOU MAY NOT, the remix.

I’m sure someone else could do a better job – a lot of great DJs out there. This took me about 5 minutes in iMovie.

[quote=“My2cents”]

lol

perhaps he needs a bottle of J.D. at the meetings... whats up with him.[/quote]

Like My2cents I wasn’t laughing at Mrs. Martin. She’s a sweety I see at least weekly. I snorted out loud at the history in the reference.

Great job MiG ! Nice that the Emperor finally has his own theme song ! Kind of a catchy little ditty too, No you may not, no you may not, and all together now, well, you get the drift !! Now he just needs some fancy dance moves and a new suit !!

anyone have a link to the actual video, the conversation?

[quote=“eccentric”]Double post, oh well. Here’s CFTK’s story on it–including the firm “No you may not” after Mrs. Martin politely asks if she might interrupt the Mayor.

link.brightcove.com/services/pla … 9946838001[/quote]