Cops for Cancer Gala Dinner and Auction

Hi everyone, it’s your friendly neighbourhood media rider for the 2010 Canadian Cancer Society Cops for Cancer Tour de North.

I’m organizing a gala dinner and auction to raise funds for pediatric cancer research and Camp Goodtimes (a free camp for children battling cancer and their families) on August 28 at the North Coast Convention Centre. There will be a live auction, silent auction and dessert auction featuring homemade baked goods, entertainment by Kairn Ljungh and proceeds from the event go toward those worthwhile causes. Cocktails are at six p.m. and dinner is at 7 p.m. Tickets are available at The Northern View office and the Prince Rupert RCMP detachment.

Should be a great night and hoping for a good turnout to support the Canadian Cancer Society. Any questions or anyone wanting to donate can message me or I’ll try to respond on here. Hope to see you there.

P.S. If you can’t make it but still want to support the Cops for Cancer, below is the link to my fundraising page.
copsforcancer.kintera.org/faf/do … =292633167

Just a quick update:

There are now more than 45 items donated to the auction ranging from a trip for two to Haida Gwaii and a trip for two to Vancouver courtesy, a whale watching tour, Discover Scuba for two and a variety of artwork, gift certificates and other goods. This in addition to baked goods for the dessert auction and entertainment courtesy of Karin Ljungh.

Should be a great night and proceeds go to pediatric cancer research and Camp Goodtimes. Tickets are available at The Prince Rupert Northern View office or the RCMP detachment, and businesses buying a table for eight get a discount. Any questions feel free to message me or call me at 250-624-8088.

With donations from over 50 local businesses, thousands of dollars in items and plenty of delicious desserts, plus entertainment by Karin Ljungh, the Cops for Cancer Dinner and Auction on August 28 at the North Coast Convention Centre is shaping up to be a great night. For catering purposes, we ask that anyone who is wanting to attend the evening pick up tickets at The Northern View office on Third Street or the Prince Rupert RCMP detachment by five p.m. Wednesday. Anyone with questions can call the Northern View office at 250-624-8088.

How much are the Tickets if I may ask , not as much as we have to pay for traffic tickets I hope.

Whoops, forgot to mention the ticket price. My bad. Tickets are only $40.

Per couple I would hope , shit if not it will be as bad as traffic tickets .

Shaun just worndering how the gala went on Sat night?

Thanks for the inquiry, the Gala Dinner and Auction went exceptionally well.

We ended up with over 60 items donated and those in attendance were very generous in support of pediatric cancer research and Camp Goodtimes. Still crunching the final numbers and getting in the last of the money from the successful bidders, but it looks like we’ll be donating around $9,000 to the Canadian Cancer Society from the event.

The generosity of people and businesses in Prince Rupert never ceases to amaze me…

[quote=“S_Thomas”]Thanks for the inquiry, the Gala Dinner and Auction went exceptionally well.

We ended up with over 60 items donated and those in attendance were very generous in support of pediatric cancer research and Camp Goodtimes. Still crunching the final numbers and getting in the last of the money from the successful bidders, but it looks like we’ll be donating around $9,000 to the Canadian Cancer Society from the event.

The generosity of people and businesses in Prince Rupert never ceases to amaze me…[/quote]

That is fantastic!!! Shaun I heard the only representative there was Gary Coons, no one from council? Anyone from NHA? I was out of town visiting family, my daughter was up from Vancouver so we went to visit her Grandparents, otherwise I would have been there!!!