Cops aplenty

Anyone Notice all the cops around this week.  So many people are getting pulled over.

I seen that red taxi van getting towed away today, the one that works for skeena.  I wonder if thats related

Anytime there’s a major event in a small town like PR, you will see an increase in the amount of police.  It seems like common sense to me in order to ensure that the event is successful.

Yes, lots of police around.  I don’t mind the police presence at all.

I got a seatbelt ticket, I never seen that cop before, I wonder if he is from terrace. 
Might be worth it to dispute.

Have you tried actually obeying the law?

He saved your life. Do you think it’s worth to dispute?

I agree with wearing a seatbelt but I also think its up to each person if they want to or not. So, if you get caught without a seatbelt knowing its the law dont whine about it!!

Unfortunately, the taxpaying public as a whole has to invest more in health care because you made a personal decision not to wear a seat belt.

This is yngwie we’re talking about, so obviously he knows more than you do.  He’s a rock star.  Rock stars don’t wear seatbelts.

My dad works with some insurance people, and he says that yngwie shouldn’t have insurance if he’s not going to wear his seatbelt.  The number 1 reason the rest of us have to pay high car insurance is because of huge payouts for people like yngwie. 

At least, I think it’s yngwie – nobody else on HTMF has such bad English. 

edufind.com/english/grammar/Tenses4.cfm

You should have learned that in grade 9.  Your writing makes you seem like you dropped out of school after grade 8.

So let me see if I understand this…you were NOT wearing your seatbelt.  A cop pulled you over and gave you a ticket for it.  ‘Well shame on him.’  ‘What the hell right does he have to do that?’  'I’m gonna contest it ‘cause I don’t recognize him.’  You know what?  He ain’t seen you before either.

Are you seriously that ignorant?

I echo Hitest’s sentiments about it being good seeing more of a police presence here during the ANT.  They actually brought it cops from villages and other out lying communities to boost up the numbers.

There have been a lot of tickets given out for people rolling through stop signs.  There are people that habitually do it and it unnverves me to no end.  Maybe this will wake people up.  Especially those who think they are bulletproof and can drive around without a seatbelt.

I think the idea is that if you dispute a ticket, the ticketing officer has to show up in front of the judge to defend it – if the guy was an out of towner, he might not show, which I hear means that the ticket gets torn up.

I’m not sure if that’s how it actually works or not.

I think they’re here mostly as back up for the post bar crowd festivities, which is always an entertaining gong show of sorts (unless of course you’re the police who have to deal with that silliness). The city should really sell the movie rights to that, could make some money on the deal.

The blitz on traffic offences is but mere gravy on the main event… have to pay for their hotel rooms somehow you know :astonished:

Talked to a taxi driver yesterday  about that and he said that the police are starting to crack down on  people who do not buckle up in a taxi, and the pasenger gets th ticket, but if that person isa child under 12 yrs old then the taxi driver gets the ticket.

Can the driver be ticketed if the guys in the back of the paddy wagon aren’t belted in?
I used to be a freedom-of-choice guy until I dabbled in statistics and sort of figured out I’d used up my car crash odds by the time I was 21. Now I think Americans have ass-hair that’s like Velcro. How else can they race around in open Jeeps on tv and not get tossed overboard?

Can the driver be ticketed if the guys in the back of the paddy wagon aren’t belted in?
I used to be a freedom-of-choice guy until I dabbled in statistics and sort of figured out I’d used up my car crash odds by the time I was 21. Now I think Americans have ass-hair that’s like Velcro. How else can they race around in open Jeeps on tv and not get tossed overboard?

MAybe should check with the police about that because i would say yes because if they are pulling over taxi’s now maybe they should do the same with the paddy wagon

That’s a load of bull.  Taxi drivers themselves don’t wear seatbelts, so you can’t expect the passengers to follow suit.  I have yet to see a taxi driver wear a seatbelt, in any city, at any time of year.

Rockstars don’t drive Geo Metros.

A few of the taxi drivers I have noticed wear them.  A few of my friends have been ticketed for not wearing seatbelts in taxis too. 

“Paddy Wagon” = Police vehicle right?

Just checking because I’m not sure that’s the way you guys are using it in your posts. If it is, then I will just say that police vehicles have exemptions under the law for not having to transport people with seat belts on. Same for the Sheriff vehicles. We have an exemption for prisoner transport.

Mike

Can we please not call it a “Paddy Wagon” – it’s on the same level as “being Jewed” or being “Gypped.”

Sometimes people use these racist terms and have no clue what they’re saying.