Condolences to the McNish's

Local writer and thespian, Rod McNish, passed away this evening. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends. His charactor and warm heart will be sorely missed.  :cry:

I grew up with the McNish boys and my heart truly goes out to the family during this most horrible time.

No way! I was just thinking about him today.  :cry: That is so horrible to hear. I did Theater on the Edge with him last year. He was such an amazing man. Very passionate about the arts. I’ll miss him, he taught me alot.

All the world’s a stage, and may you keep playing on, in the hearts of all that loved you.

wow sad to hear big part of the theatre scene . wonder if they will do anything during the festival for him?

Gone way too soon, the acting troupe in town will miss him he was a key part of that group. RIP Rod, and our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this difficult time.

Prince Rupert has lost one of its shining lights and will be lesser for it.

My deepest sympathy goes out to the McNish family at this difficult time.

I had the pleasure of meeting Rod but never really got to know him, always heard go things about him and his dedication to the local productions. My Deepest Conolences to the McNish family at this sad time. RIP Rod.

I was in shock when I found out yesterday as I had just seen him a couple days earlier.  Definitely a great guy who will be truly missed.  Came at such a tough time as the Mcnish family plays such a vital roll in Udderfest each year.

I, unfortunately never had the priviledge of meeting Rod but heard only wonderful words about him…My condolences to his family and friends at this time.

In Happy Times.

Rest in peace Rod and my condolences to your family.  :cry:

He was a gentleman and friend of the community. I will always remember how much he helped this very new reporter out when I needed to interview Sharon Smith during the last federal campaign. He made sure I was kept in touch as to what was going on and when she would be in town and even how the parties were polling.

Both Rod and his father, John, were always so graceful that I began to visit Conservative campaign office just to say hello. And there they stood at the door ready with a coffee and a handshake.

If you measure a man’s life by how he treats those he disagrees with, then Rod was immeasurable.

Rod was a geniune gentleman, I knew him for years,always looked forward to talking about politics with him, we where polar opposites politically, but I always enjoyed his company.
Condolences to McNish family.

A tremendous loss for the arts community, and the community as whole. I am lucky to have known him.

Rest in peace, bud.

I’ve known Rod since elementary school, and just saw him in the last week.  I can’t believe he is gone.  He was truly one of the good guys.  We always managed to get around to talking basketball whenever we ran into each other.  His passing proves that life is not fair.  If there is a heaven, valhalla or some sort of eternal afterlife paradise I know that Rod is front and  center looking down on us.  My condolences to his family.  They are truly salt of the earth people, and did not deserve this.  I’ll be raising a glass to you tonight old friend.

Rod McNish was a gentle man and a gentleman, who was taken far too soon.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his grieving friends and family.
Rest in peace my friend - we will miss you.

A lesson to all of us to live life to the fullest.  Rod was taken too soon.  My regrets to his family and friends.

I didn’t know Rod very well, but I did have a couple of conversations with him over the years.  Seemed like a great guy, with a lot of passion for what he did. 

Link:  “Remembering Rod McNish,” by Monica Lamb-Yorski here: bit.ly/YgbXV

Service will be this Friday at the Catholic Church at 100 pm followed by a celebration of his life at the Crest right after ( till 5 pm)