Computer Networking

Does anyone know a good website that gives a good explanation on networking multiple computers?

What are you trying to do?

I’m an expert at this. Ask me anything!

I need to use OSPF as an IGP for multiple areas, coming in from multiple POP routers on the internal side, then redistribute those areas into BGP to multiple upstreams, but pref one upstream over the other.

Can you help? :smile:

heh…you should hear my geeky laugh right now.

I said kingwolf13 can ask me anything.

Actually, I have a college diploma in computer networking, from '96. It mostly focused on Novell though, as the instructors felt Microsoft networking was just a fad.

Before I head out to do some real networking training. (I just need some basics for start) For starts, I am going to do a network in this building with about 6-8 pc’s. That would be running from another building that has a network of about 20 pc’s. Then in the future, we are going to network an entire town from satelite internet. Maybe about 999 accounts…

WOW! :open_mouth:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/home/images/main_promo/football/england_fans_girls_r_1.jpg

PS, Microsoft “networking” is Novell from 10 years ago.

But wait, that would suggest Novell is better, and isn’t Microsoft the best?

Kingwolf, two words: wireless network.

[quote=“kingwolf13”]
Then in the future, we are going to network an entire town from satelite internet. Maybe about 999 accounts…

WOW! :open_mouth:[/quote]

Be afraid. Very afraid. Sharing a dish blows, it sucks enough to just one computer.
Satellite is last resort, for anyone beyond the last mile…

[quote=“hoshq”]But wait, that would suggest Novell is better, and isn’t Microsoft the best?

Kingwolf, two words: wireless network.[/quote]

INSECURE!!!

Go Wired…

get a nice router…

If you’re attempting to deliver internet access why use either?

If it’s a network where they all need to access each other, what the hell for?
Map all 999 at boot time with either. Ahah hah hah…