Commercial no more

Wears my drink ? Commercial torn down while I was driving by . Its another sad moment for many I am sure but where is my drink ?

Sad day.

Took long enough !!!

I used to cash my paycheques in there. Had the best pool table in town…for 8-ball.

great news we are rid of another eye sore that they call property in this town…

Well as for what James posted , some people have fun memories to keep with themselves but this be it for now .

As to what James pointed out , it was a fun outlet for certain individuals throughout the years .

oh it had it’s day but in recent years it was a plain old eye sore … and once partly burned down it was time to go …

I have lived here 14 years and hard to believe the number of fires in that area alone…4 ? Weird.

cody bear : here most of my life and witnessed a great many fires … my father used to laugh and say for a place that rains that much, it’s a town of many fires.
It always brings speculation of insurance jobs, and it’s been a handy way of getting rid of some of the eye sores …

theres memories in every building but if you hold onto every burnt out outdated building this town will never grow and always look like its lost in the 80s

Great theory! However considering the volume of still empty lots from the burned out buildings of the past, the regeneration process seems a tad slow.

80’s? Try 70’s!

[quote=“Old major”]

Great theory! However considering the volume of still empty lots from the burned out buildings of the past, the regeneration process seems a tad slow.

80’s? Try 70’s![/quote]

Even though regeneration is a tad slow, some of those old buildings are so run down anyway, and stuck in the 70s and 80s that open space from removal looks better

Some of these old buildings can be spruced up and look amazing if the money is there.

Here is a great example taken form facebook.com/andresexperts/ … 27/?type=1

The commercial wasnt worth it

[quote=“katray”]Some of these old buildings can be spruced up and look amazing if the money is there.

Here is a great example taken form facebook.com/andresexperts/ … 27/?type=1[/quote]

Unless I have the wrong corner, that building isn’t even that old. I think there was a Royal bank there in the very early 80’s. I can’t remember where the commercial was but I remember the name.

[quote=“rinkster”]

[quote=“katray”]Some of these old buildings can be spruced up and look amazing if the money is there.

Here is a great example taken form facebook.com/andresexperts/ … 27/?type=1[/quote]

Unless I have the wrong corner, that building isn’t even that old. I think there was a Royal bank there in the very early 80’s. I can’t remember where the commercial was but I remember the name.[/quote]

The Commercial was on the corner just past the Highliner on 1st. “kiddy-corner” from the Oceanview.