Coastal Eye Care

I drove by Coastal Eye Care today and I see that they are closed. Does anyone know when this happened ?

just recent go to omnieye in ocean centre now

They closed last Friday, my understanding is that the owner/operator/eye doctor has relocated to Saskatchewan.

As mentioned in this thread, there is still one local eye doctor in town, located across the street in the Ocean Centre, though I suspect they will be pretty busy now.

But what happens to all their patient records, I just had my eyes tested last month and you pay close to $100 for that. I’ve been told that at the place in the mall that I would have to be retested, now that gets pretty costly when you have to purchase new glasses on top of that.

ahhh, good point. Call him at home and ask him. Maybe he’s still packing…lol

[quote=“My2cents”]

ahhh, good point. Call him at home and ask him. Maybe he’s still packing…lol[/quote]

My wife went in and asked for her file, they told her they will hold it and wait for another optmetrist to request it. They will hold it for 7 years and if no request is made they will destroy the file, if you want a copy of it they told her it would be $70 for photocopying it.

[quote=“Ijustgottasay”]

My wife went in and asked for her file, they told her they will hold it and wait for another optmetrist to request it. They will hold it for 7 years and if no request is made they will destroy the file, if you want a copy of it they told her it would be $70 for photocopying it.[/quote]

I don’t know about right now, but two weeks ago - two days before they closed - I went into Coastal Eye Care and asked for my and my wife’s prescriptions. They printed them out for me on the spot. I took them over to OmniEye and made an appointment.

As I mentioned in another thread, after I made the appointment for the following week, I casually mentioned that I was experiencing floaters. It was the receptionist that insisted that I be seen right away. They fitted me in at the end of the day and it was then that they discovered I had an detached retina. They contacted Air Canada so I was able to get a decent price on the flight the next morning. When I was checking in, I was given an envelop with all the extra contact information that I would need when I got to the clinic. Since I have returned Dr. Trieu has been incredibly accommodating as I drop in with questions.

This is no knock on Dr. Barlow because I personally never had a problem with him. But, I highly recommend OmniEye and Dr. Trieu.

My family has also had excellent service with OmniEye. I’m getting my eyes checked next week.