Coast Guard Crash

I heard about this a few hours after it happened, but I finally found an article on it.
The aircraft was a BO 105 and the pilot was high time (won’t release the name). Oddly enough, the CCG was gunna sell this particular aircraft (357) because they aready had 2 105’s and a 212. I guess it’s a home for barnicles now.
tinyurl.com/ccywf

The pilot used to live in Rupert a number of years ago, and he’s been flying for at least 15 years. He’s now based out of Victoria, and was still in Victoria hospital as of yesterday.

The story was apparently on the BCTV news saturday night, but this is the first article I’ve seen in print about it.

[quote=“smartass”]The pilot used to live in Rupert a number of years ago, and he’s been flying for at least 15 years. He’s now based out of Victoria, and was still in Victoria hospital as of yesterday.

The story was apparently on the BCTV news saturday night, but this is the first article I’ve seen in print about it.[/quote]

He was in stable condition when they brought him down to victoria too

His name wasnt Raffe was it?

nope

I am not so sure about that. When I found out they weren’t sure he was going to make it or not. You rarely walk away stable from a crash like that. Apparently he almost drowned.

Here’s a newspaper story my grandpa sent to me today:

http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10013/normal_~MAP0000.jpg

You’ll probably have to go into my photo album to make it big enough to read.

I haven’t heard any word if the pilot is still in the hospital or not.

I was at the Victoria Coast Guard base yesterday and they said he should be out today, just waiting on the doctor. He was unbelievibly lucky. I saw his helmet and wow, if he wasn’t wearing that things would have been MUCH different. The chief pilot was actually saying Stan wanted to come back next week!

Yeah, he’s a tough guy… he was friends with everyone when he worked here, so I’m sure he’s in a hurry to get back to work and see everyone there too.

He won’t be able to fly again for a bit though, due to the nature of the crash so he will probably be on leave. That’s not a big deal though because they are overstaffed, and now an aircraft short! On last report, they are leaving the 105 down there. I guess it will serve as a very expensive artificial reef.