Cn train whistle at Fairview crossing

Example: Burkeville residential community; located next to YVR Runway 26L.

Aviation industry’s most hated.

I would be ok with the train whistles if I had a view like they do on Graham and Atlin.  Stayed in a campground in Salmon Arm quite a few times where the train  tracks were less than 50 ft away, now that was loud.  But we got used to it.  As for a 4th crane coming, thats not happening anytime soon, they haven’t even ordered one to be built.  Phase 2 not even in the planning stages, don’t think that will happen for a few years.

Phase 2 is already planned, I believe they are in the environmental assessment stage.  (I think)  :smile:

It is the easiest thing in the world for the city to apply to the Canadian Transport Agency for an exemption for whistle blowing in a certain area. Likely the engines , which are generally operated by longshoremen for Maher not CN, would still have to blow at the Fairview crossing. The city has been aware for over three years now that they have this option. The Port Authority would have already done it already but unfortunately it is the city’s jurisdiction.
There is absolutely no good reason why city administrators are dragging their feet on this application. Their hands have been held by many people who know the procedure but aren’t legally able to make the application.
It is sad when there is such a simple solution and it is not acted upon.

Well, okay, maybe ajaye was a bit over-optimistic about the fourth crane, but yes the EA for Phase II seems to be moving along … Kitkatla and Kitsumkalum applied for and were allocated funds last Nov to participate by bringing forward information to assist the review … an encouraging alternative perhaps to the litigation that seems to have plagued the issue. Here’s the link …

ceaa.gc.ca/050/document-eng. … ment=39349

Interesting to read about city inaction on this issue … the city leadership seems to stumble along with little direction or vision … the challenges are daunting no doubt, but you’d think that they’d at least see an ‘opportunity’ to process some paperwork to help out light sleepers in the Graham/Atlin area and other neighbourhoods within earshot of the trains.

im down there working all the time there is 2 switch crews at the most a day . yes there is whistles but there is not one house that was built down in that area before the rails were in place.

it’s the sound of money deal with it