CityWest Television

So TSN launches 3 new national feeds on Monday August 25 … except on CityWest so now I can’t watch all the major matches from the US Open tennis tournament because TSN decided to show some on the three new feeds …

And of course there is nary a word on the CityWest site about when they might carry all of TSN … maybe in a year or so I suppose. Such a mystifying company … blows Telus out of the water for internet speed but lags far behind other cable and satellite providers for selection, especially on HD. I prefer to support “local” companies but sometimes it is a bit trying …

Mig to post "they asked around … " in 3 … 2 … 1 …

I am sure there are a lot of channels that City West doesn’t show.

Well this is the point where CityWest became ShittyWest.

TSN channel 29 had tennis today and again tomorrow @ 8:00am, also TSN2 and TSNHD and CBS.

wiziwig.tv

There has been some big tennis matches only on TSN 3,4,5 in the U.S Open, and I would guess everyone else in Canada got them but us because we only have TSN 1 and 2.

You pay extra for TSN 2 on Shaw. If you want TSN1 in HD, you pay extra on Shaw. Don’t know or care if they have 12 more TSNs.

Well CityWest’s response to my email query was that they currently don’t have access to the new TSN feeds but they will consider my request and let me know if anything happens. Well no shit Batman - I already knew they didn’t have the feeds - yet many other relatively small cable providers were ready to go when the new TSN feeds went live …

I’m just getting ready to raise a big big stink if it turns out that TSN will be offering Women’s World Cup soccer matches next summer on their new feeds and CityWest doesn’t yet provide access …

[quote=“JJR”]Well CityWest’s response to my email query was that they currently don’t have access to the new TSN feeds but they will consider my request and let me know if anything happens. Well no shit Batman - I already knew they didn’t have the feeds - yet many other relatively small cable providers were ready to go when the new TSN feeds went live …

I’m just getting ready to raise a big big stink if it turns out that TSN will be offering Women’s World Cup soccer matches next summer on their new feeds and CityWest doesn’t yet provide access …[/quote]

Seems like CityWest kind of counts on the passive approach that you are expressing. Waiting for a year to see if they catch up?

Well, whatever might work for you, but really, considering how fast television delivery works these days, that is offering up a lot of goodwill for what you describe as less than great service.

Me, I’d just call up Shaw Direct and have a sat dish installed next week.

[quote=“JJR”]Well CityWest’s response to my email query was that they currently don’t have access to the new TSN feeds but they will consider my request and let me know if anything happens. Well no shit Batman - I already knew they didn’t have the feeds - yet many other relatively small cable providers were ready to go when the new TSN feeds went live …

I’m just getting ready to raise a big big stink if it turns out that TSN will be offering Women’s World Cup soccer matches next summer on their new feeds and CityWest doesn’t yet provide access …[/quote]

Getting mad about not having 5 different TSN channels lol ridiculous. I think there are other things to worry about!!!

All 5 tsn channels came with my sport bundle. Usually 3 or 4 of the channels are playing the same thing. And now with tsn losing the NHL feeds I won’t be watching as much anyway.

I’m not mad about not having 5 TSN feeds - I’m mad that there were important US Open matches that I couldn’t watch … and worried that I may miss Women’s World Cup soccer next summer - you have to plan ahead you know - especially for World Cup soccer - I do know what is important in life!!!

There are 5 TSN feeds now on the guide. Tried today but they didn’t work.