Citizens on Patrol

Hello,

With the rash of break-in as of late, and re-occuring crime in our town I thought it might be a good idea to bring back this program. I believe it was cancled before due to funding and gas prices etc…

I for one would be willing to participate with no or even a small renumeration on my gas costs if this program was re-instated.

Being this community ( HTMF) seem very passionate about our physical community I thought this might be a good place to start.

Feed Back please…

Citizens on Patrol is in effect. Not many people came out when it started up however. I would contact the RCMP to find out about joining. If there is enough interest I am sure it could be arranged for more members to be trained and to join. I will see what other information I can find out for you.

Historically there has only been one truly effective solution to crime sprees - the mutilation and/or death of the perpetrators by vigilantes. The police can’t do anything of value, everything they can do is after the fact, and if they do arrest anyone, the lenient judicial system lets them walk away with little more than a slap on the hand. About the time two or three bodies of known local thieves/criminals wash up on shore, I GUARANTEE the crime rate will suddenly drop to incredible lows. As long as there is little to no consequence for doing crime, it will increase. When the criminals know that they are actively being hunted and tortured by groups within the community, they get the hell out Dodge in a hurry.

Thank you for the input, Dexter? Mind you he hides his bodies a little better. lol

Thank you AnnaA, I would love the contact information, I had heard is was stopped a few years ago.

Anna you have been right on some of these issues as of late and I wish to thank you for your input as well for your leadership as one of our city council members. Maybe this effort from you and Gina will show or activate some of your fellow council members . Thank you once again for your input and leadership.

A friend of mine was recruiting folks for COPs during the summer so I will contact her and post any info she may have.

Could be quite effective but is also quite drastic.

Would have to also accept a body count of innocents “caught in the crossfire” as historically vigilantes have been known to be disorganized and frenetic. At times any person will do in order to complete the blood-fix.

Oh well, c’est la vie, ce n’est-ce pas?

“Kill Them All and Let God Sort Them Out”?

The quote above is attributed to Arnaud-Armaury, the Abbot of Citeaux, and “spiritual advisor” to the
Albigensian Crusade. Pope Innocent III ordered the Albigensian Crusade, to purge southern France
of the Cathari heretics. It began in the summer of 1209, with their first target - the town of Beziers.
The Catholic faithful in Beziers refused to give up the Catharis among themselves. The crusaders
invaded. When Arnaud-Amaury was asked whom to kill he replied “Kill them all. God will know his
own.” They did. The crusaders slaughtered nearly everyone in town, over 20,000, either burned or
clubbed to death. Thus they achieved their goal of killing the estimated 200 heretics who were hiding
in the town among the Catholic faithful

vvg-law.com/publications/Safeguards.pdf

"“Could be quite effective but is also quite drastic. Would have to also accept a body count of innocents “caught in the crossfire” as historically vigilantes have been known to be disorganized and frenetic. At times any person will do in order to complete the blood-fix.” - dailymews

“The crusaders slaughtered nearly everyone in town, over 20,000, either burned or clubbed to death. Thus they achieved their goal of killing the estimated 200 heretics who were hiding in the town among the Catholic faithful” - Pantagruel

Come on folks, there’s a hell of a difference between a vigilante and out of control mobs rioting. I’m sure that stereotyping all vigilantes as torch bearing mobs helps you sleep better, but it’s the only good it does. They exist, waiting for the right switch to be thrown, the right button to be pushed. Publicly, the police condemn them, privately they applaud them. Vigilantes are the foundation of justice, the root of law and order. At least have the rationality to compare apples to apples.

[quote=“wildwill”]"“Could be quite effective but is also quite drastic. Would have to also accept a body count of innocents “caught in the crossfire” as historically vigilantes have been known to be disorganized and frenetic. At times any person will do in order to complete the blood-fix.” - dailymews

“The crusaders slaughtered nearly everyone in town, over 20,000, either burned or clubbed to death. Thus they achieved their goal of killing the estimated 200 heretics who were hiding in the town among the Catholic faithful” - Pantagruel

Come on folks, there’s a hell of a difference between a vigilante and out of control mobs rioting. I’m sure that stereotyping all vigilantes as torch bearing mobs helps you sleep better, but it’s the only good it does. They exist, waiting for the right switch to be thrown, the right button to be pushed. Publicly, the police condemn them, privately they applaud them. Vigilantes are the foundation of justice, the root of law and order. At least have the rationality to compare apples to apples.[/quote]

well said wildwill you well become quite the assassin for the creed

For those people interested in finding out more about Citizens on Patrol the contact information is as follows:

Constable Erin Stevenson looks after the Citizens on Patrol program and can be contacted at the community policing office at 250-627-0764 or by email at erin.m.stevenson@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

I hope that helps.

[quote=“wildwill”]""

Come on folks, there’s a hell of a difference between a vigilante and out of control mobs rioting. I’m sure that stereotyping all vigilantes as torch bearing mobs helps you sleep better, but it’s the only good it does. They exist, waiting for the right switch to be thrown, the right button to be pushed. Publicly, the police condemn them, privately they applaud them. Vigilantes are the foundation of justice, the root of law and order. At least have the rationality to compare apples to apples.[/quote]

Uh huh, but I’m still not convinced that law and order be turned over to a clandestine group of people willing to enforce their policing and court system on people they choose. Their version of a tribunal may decide to ‘cleanse’ society of any particular group they please.

Sounds oddly familiar.

Einsatzgruppen. A not so wonderful group of people that dispensed a form of justice. Our world needs this?