Channeling Your Inner Griswold

While we continue to track the path of Santa as he makes his way towards YOUR house, perhaps we can take a moment to see which part of our Podunkian setting is your favourite for the annual display of Christmas lights.

Through the last month Podunkians have been busy channelling their inner Clark, the patriarch of the Griswold clan of National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. A dedicated man, who sought only to bring much joy to his family (and his Hydro provider) with his annual display of Christmas lights.

To help us in our quest for Prince Rupert’s best Griswold, we seek your counsel, voting below as to the area of town with the best of Christmas displays, and if you wish a more specific compass point for Christmas Eve and Day travellers to cruise towards.

Below we have a handy reference map courtesy of the city’s website, which divides the city into five sections, vote accordingly and with commentary to send us on our way!

atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … ld-in.html

Among those that stood out for me, there are some nice displays along the cull de sacs in Westview area, up along 7th Ave East and down Prince Rupert Boulevard.

Montgomery Road stands out for me…I think everyone in their cul-de-sac has a display up.

Theres a neighbourhood in Prince George where they go all out with decorations, lights all over, including across the road. I think they get a bit of help from the City (the use of a bucket truck).

Landlord banned outdoor lights but the Griswodian Christmas luck holding out.
Fetched the kids from PG and the freezer’s overflowing with turkey and goodies.
POP. The annual tree-falls-on-line Christmas power bump this afternoon and when we get home the stove’s dead. Replaced 3 fuses, but the bottom burner’s kaput. THE store that sells such stuff is closed early.
So the stepson gets to shovel off the balcony and discover Xmas done on the BBQ…

House above the Library looks positively Griswoldian

[quote=“Hoser”]Montgomery Road stands out for me…I think everyone in their cul-de-sac has a display up.

Theres a neighbourhood in Prince George where they go all out with decorations, lights all over, including across the road. I think they get a bit of help from the City (the use of a bucket truck).[/quote]

Candy Cane lane it is called :smile:

have to share this with you …my niece sent it …rotflmfao

Montgomery was good, and there was one crazy house on Pillsbury Ave, and one really good one out in Port Edward.

there is a house on 7th ave east on the cul-de-sac that is pretty impressive, tons of lights.