Cell phone providers

Koodos or rogers ? which has better service / coverage in prince rupert and throughout northern B.C.

also where do i pick up a sim card for rogers or koodos ?

Rogers would have better service :smile:

Or Koodo would. Runs on Telus/Bell so it’s your choice. No contracts, expensive oppressive contracts…

Koodos seems cheaper than rogers, but i’m not sure which one is for me, and how do i get one of those sim cards ?

Koodos seems cheaper than rogers, but i’m not sure which one is for me, and how do i get one of those sim cards ?

I don’t know about coverage, but customer service? A friend found an empty bottle and an iphone left by partying kids in the back of her truck. She took it to Rogers, but they didn’t want to b ebothered. Same story with the RCMP. She took it to CityWest because she didn’t know what else to do. They put it on a charger and waited for a call. The boy and his phone were reunited.

So where do i get a sim card ?

They come with the phone.

actually only if you buy a phone from the provider , so how do you buy a sim card for an unlocked phone with no card ?

MiG has expounded on this in various fora here and if you have a GSM phone you might be in luck.

tinyurl.com/2fk46hm

If you don’t see what you want there, do a search on HTMF yourself.

Bell, Telus, Rogers and the others will all sell you a SIM card without a phone.

Whats your preference MiG ? Koodos or Rogers for in Rupert and northern B.C ?

For pay-as-you-go, 7-11 is the best. They have the free phone deal on now too.

Well actually i have a phone thats unlocked, and i think id like to go with the no contract monthly plans .

Yeah, so go to 7-11, get the free phone deal, and swap out the SIM.

$10/month for unlimited internet. $10/month for unlimited texting. No contract. They don’t even need to know your name :smile: Uses the Rogers network. I have a couple of SIMs with Port Edward numbers.

More info: speakoutwireless.ca/

that sounds prety cheap .

Wow… $10 a month for unlimited internet. That’s a sweet deal. So I can just pick up an unlocked phone and pop the sim into it? I might just have to do that.

what about long distance and call id