Cats and Dogs control city’s agenda for a night

It was revenge of the tax paying pet owners at city council Monday night, as Rupertites went to the barricades over proposed animal control bylaw regulations…

( from  the blog a town called podunk,  click on the link below to see the entire article  atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … 6141511028) –

Wait… did i read “attacked by a golden retriever”… wow could the mailman…er “letter carrier”  :unamused:  have picked a worse example. Seriously?

On another note I hope you get a completely new council next election because boy do you have a bunch of incompetent fucksticks in there right now.

As for pitbulls all being dangerous animals sure they could be if not properly cared for. Then again if a fucking LION can be this tender I am pretty sure a pitbull can be as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xp7M0_hdUE)

If they pass the new animal bylaw I think it is time for these people to go.  I’m getting tired of these idiots.

Would this law be retroactive?
If a councillor bites a citizen would that councillor have to be put down or just retrained??? 

[quote=“bobo”]
Would this law be retroactive?
If a councillor bites a citizen would that councillor have to be put down or just retrained???  [/quote]

Oh - my kingdom, for the ability to applaud that post!! I wish I could give you a karma point for that!

[quote=“hitest”]
If they pass the new animal bylaw I think it is time for these people to go.  I’m getting tired of these idiots. [/quote]

If they defeat the bylaw…?

I wish people didn’t have to wait for the straw to break the camel’s back before they decide to be ready for a change.

LOL, now we’re onto something, licencing for councillors and mayoralty candidates…

cute little tags to identify when they go wandering off.

And a spay and neuter program offers up some interesting options, would certainly cut down on the number of candiates for office…

but whos to say a council member will copulate with another council member?

Well I am sure they will get bored of fucking the dog after a while.

Spoken like a true Canadian, eh?  :imp:

Don’t want no stray cats killing MY Norwegian wharf rats…

I think the optic word here should be refrained. Tony and his fellow Councillors need a real wake up call come November, 2008.  We need to send a clear message to this group that their services are no longer wanted.  Rather than worrying about licensing cats, and attacking various breeds of dogs, they should be concentrating on how we are going to get ourselves out of this hole they have dug for us.  It is sad when I hear things like the engineering budget has been stripped because of the $5 million dollar screw up, but they can still maintain a huge management staff they ultimately will be sitting there with their thumbs up their ass for another year.

I don’t know if it’s true or not but someone told me today that at this council meeting they waited until everyone who was there for the bylaw part of it to leave and then quietly passed a motion to up our water and sewer taxes.  :neutral_face:

[quote=“CrazyMike”]
I don’t know if it’s true or not but someone told me today that at this council meeting they waited until everyone who was there for the bylaw part of it to leave and then quietly passed a motion to up our water and sewer taxes.  :neutral_face: [/quote]

Page 7 of the Friday PRDN has an article about it. The minutes are posted on the City’s website.

Thorkelson and Briglio voted against - but the motion to give this bylaw three readings was passed.

So now we’re paying more than just twice as much as Terrace?  Maybe 3 times?

Let’s remember this when election time comes around.

Agreed.  It is time for a clean slate.

Just a reminder that we are paying for their screw up with the $5 million dollars that they said they had, and in actual fact, double calculated.  We should also remember that Tony is only trying to get into the good books with all of us by voting against the increase.  He wants to come off by looking like a hero, when in actual fact, he just wants your votes in November of 2008…

Politicians trolling for votes… say it isn’t so… :smiley:

Just wondering though, how come the Snoozle buried this baby on page seven?

I mean the front page of the paper that day had a non story about containers that aren’t dangerous here, an item about snacks and a slap on the wrist for Terrace’s road contractor. Uhm not sure about you but I think having the city picking my pocket for another five percent warrants a headline eh!

Yet the story on taxes was banished to the deepest darkest parts of the paper. It’s interesting that nobody picked up, as has been pointed out by others here, that the tax increases  were slipped into debate after the howling mobs of dog and cat owners had left…

Imagine if they’d read the the agenda for the night and checked all the details,  maybe they could have scared council into sending the tax increase idea back to staff for consideration as well.  I’m sure we can think of a few things that they could work on to recoup their self induced losses…

Theres 7 pages in the paper?  Anyway it’s not surprising they waited, common political tactic.  In fact if I didnt know better I would say they planned the whole cat and dog debate to cover it up but thats giving the bunch of apes more credit than is due.

QFT

:smiley: