Carnival..?

I was out of province in May and am in dire need of my corn dog fix! Has the carny been here (May long weekend?) as it obviously is not here for this long weekend? Or is it yet another Rupert “used to be”? Anything happening in town for this weekend?

They sell corn dogs at the grocery store ya know or are you looking for the salmonella, dirty carney hands experience?

Yeah, that’s it “jesus” ! No, was just wondering if our town had lost that bit of “excitement” too! And, the dogs from the grocery store just don’t taste the same and are too labor intensive !! lol

We use to get one at the end of August, but not lately. I think with canneries not busy the way they were its not worth their while. They use to come when it coinsided with the canneries payday. I think there was one at the Smither’s Fall Fair.

Rainbow Market and PJs have the deep fried kind, I think. Might not have absorbed the same amount of grease, but could run a close second! Give us a rating when you try them!

[quote=“codybear933”]

Yeah, that’s it “jesus” ! No, was just wondering if our town had lost that bit of “excitement” too! And, the dogs from the grocery store just don’t taste the same and are too labor intensive !! lol[/quote]

It’s the carny grease they deep fry em in. I find the aftermath of corn dogs more labour intensive than the cooking process, maybe thats just me.