Canucks show their respect and class with Remembrance Day

“To see generations of soldiers – I can’t imagine what they’ve gone through – but to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for Canada is a small gesture for us… “The final parade, seeing generations going by and the pride they have in being a member of the armed services, that’s the point that really hit home for me.” – Vancouver Canuck Manny Malhotra, expressing his thoughts and those of his team, as the Canucks gathered in Ottawa to mark Remembrance Day.

Full credit to the Vancouver Canuck organization for understanding the important things.

The NHL team, in Ottawa for tonight’s game with the Senators, walked as a team to the National War Memorial today, standing with over 30,000 Canadians to commemorate those that gave their lives in the service of Canada and to remember those that still stand on guard for Canada today in Afghanistan and other locations.

(from the blog a town called podunk, click on the link below to see the entire item atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … class.html)

Love the Canucks good for them Canucks 4-2 over Ottawa

Not sure of your score there (the Senators are on a bit of a streak, while the Canucks are bouncing back from Montreal’s loss), but I was impressed with their collective spirit in attending today’s ceremony, makes you realize that some athletes get the important things from time to time.