Canon Camera

I am not familiar with digital camera’a and installing on the PC.
I have a Canon ZR50 MC mini-cam and I am trying to get it onto the PC, I have a firewire but it’s not beign recongnised. Also there is no sorfware for this cam…I have been looking on the net and found nothin so far, any clues? Help, Please…

:wink:

[quote=“Hi Timez”]I am not familiar with digital camera’a and installing on the PC.
I have a Canon ZR50 MC mini-cam and I am trying to get it onto the PC, I have a firewire but it’s not beign recongnised. Also there is no sorfware for this cam…I have been looking on the net and found nothin so far, any clues? Help, Please[/quote]

Your best bet would be to look at the Canon North America website.

I will give it a shot, thanx! 8)

All the cameras I use either
a) had a removable CF/SD/xD card that you can use a USB drive to access them
b) work as an external drive that allows you to access the files to be dragged and dropped from ‘My Computer’.

Make sure the camera is on and switched to connect if applicable when you plug it in.

This one requires windows messenger for the software to install. I did not have wm installled. I put it back on so I will try this again.

:smiley:
Thanks for your expertise guys.

What kind of show do they run if you have to use Windows Messenger for it to install??

Thats a weird setup if you need Windows Messenger to install a camera :confused:
And as far as I know, Windows Messenger come with every Windows Product (XP only maybe though?) But I do not think it is supported by older versions, weird.

I don’t know what I am doing! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Just as bad as that Sheryl Crow song that they play everyday. This sucks.

Here is a link, I have downloaded those (DV Messenger Software Download),
that’s the only software there.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=326&modelid=7499

I think I am out to lunch! :cry:

I’m new here…obviously. :smile:

I have a ZR60 with the DV Network Solution Disk (which includes the DV Messenger Software) and manual. I use a MAC and didn’t need the software that came with the camera. I found out that I can still use the camera as a web cam with Yahoo! Messenger for MAC…but you’ll need the NSD to download movies & pics to your computer.

You’re welcome to the software and manual…I’ll never use it. PM me.

Yah, this must be an older model. Cause it keeps asking for messenger 4.5 to 4.7, and would not work with 5.1 for some Gates reason.

Thanks.

[quote=“Corrupt_File”]All the cameras I use either
a) had a removable CF/SD/xD card that you can use a USB drive to access them
b) work as an external drive that allows you to access the files to be dragged and dropped from ‘My Computer’.

Make sure the camera is on and switched to connect if applicable when you plug it in.[/quote]

b) is too difficult. what’s my computer and dragon drop? we want instant access, even if it starts 900,000 processes every time i boot the computer. It’s easier to scan every port looking for devices and boot every register me reminder on the planet. What’s the point in waiting 30 minutes for the thing to boot if you don’t have instant access?

What? I just plug in the camera and I have instant access then i can drag and drop my files.

to clear your confusion
herbie is acting as your typical luser would.

Yeah, I thought so, I though he was smarter than the typical noob.

Plug in a USB flash drive, that’s all you have to do to wipe out the instant camera software access. Next time you plug in the camera the software won’t start, it will show as a new drive… software is still there, you’ll have to start it manually.