Canada will have to look elsewhere for stirring oratory and sense of the moment!

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"
John F. Kennedy, inauguration address January 1960

"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing-grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender"
Winston Churchill, British House of Commons, June 1940

"So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance"
Franklin Delano Roosevelt, first inaugural address, March 1933

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year, or even one term, but America — I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you: We as a people will get there."
President elect, Barack Obama, November 4, 2008 electoral victory speech

Examples of four giants of the spoken word, men with words that offer hope, offer a sense that things are under control, and deliver that elusive quality that we all so desperately seek, leadership…

(from  the blog a town called podunk, click on the link below to see the entire article atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … 4422586929 )-