Busking opportunity!

I received an email today from the Harbour Theatre which had been forwarded to them by the Cruise Task Force street entertainment coordinators and I was so delighted by the effort I thought I would pass it on. A great effort and good luck!

The Cruise Task Force street entertainment coordinators are looking for
individuals who are interested in providing STREET ENTERTAINMENT/BUSKING
during cruise ship days this spring/summer. If you can play music, sing, be
a statue, act (we will have scripted parts), juggle, swallow fire, or ride a
unicycle, we want you! All ages welcome.

There will some remuneration plus whatever tips you get.

Auditions/expressions of interest will take place at the Tom Rooney
Playhouse at 7 p.m. on Monday, April 4. For more information, call Rudy
Kelly at 250-624-6707 or e-mail me at rudy.kelly@princerupert.ca

RUDY KELLY
Director of Recreation and Community Services
City of Prince Rupert
1000 McBride Street
V8J 3H2

Work: 250.624.6707

Cell: 250.624.1505

this will be interesting… :smile:

Great idea but why wait until the last year of the cruise ship docking here to entertain the passengers? They have been complaining for the last , how many years, of nothing to do so is this farewell appreciation or too little, too late?

This is a wonderful idea. Better late than never.

They’ve done busking in the past. I’m willing to bet they just had too few people who wanted to get involved in it. I remember Rod McNish telling me about the busking he used to do for the cruise ship passengers. It sounds like a lot of fun and I hope they get a good turnout for it.

Nice to see somebody doing something about this - hopefully the cruise ship passengers won’t leave Rupert remembering how boring we were.

Maybe this Busking experience lets them know that: once someone who wants to do something about it, does something about it - then maybe a lot of them will change their minds about Rupert down the road.

Hope everything turns out for them, I had a chance to work alongside Rudy @ the Friendship House and he was great.

Good luck.

This is a great idea.

I can’t wait to see a clown on a unicycle swallowing fireballs while juggling knives. I’ve always wanted to see that. Local regs usually prohibit that though.

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]This is a great idea.

I can’t wait to see a clown on a unicycle swallowing fireballs while juggling knives. I’ve always wanted to see that. Local regs usually prohibit that though.[/quote]

That sounds physically impossible…

Unless they’re juggling the knives with one hand, and swallowing the fireballs with the other…

This post is rather defeatist to say the least.
It is never too late to try. The surest way to lose is to quit trying.
The task force is looking at ways to show all tourists a positive experience in Rupert. Better to get on board and help than to criticize, don’t you agree?
Bring on the organ grinders and monkeys with top hats I say!!

It is not defeatist if this task force is made up of the same or similar system people who were part of the failure in the past. (along with many other failures…ongoing)

These people are part of the status quo & the general public is onto them, (85%) it is being discussed more & more, along with govt “salaries”, actual “expertise”, actual “skill.”, “qualifications”, “practical, proven success”…& so on, business assessments basically.

better for you to research this task force, than just get on board blindly, don’t you agree?

you may also need to research Te Taru White, the consultant working with the Port, who is anything but status quo…Mainstream, Global Business & the reason for all of the real discussion.

our infrastructure, which you may need to study, is rotted with status quo, 1st nation & govt,
our friend from New Zealand is introducing them to their conscience & reality.

I am reacting to how “certain” you seemed to be of yourself. An admirable quality,if one is actually certain.

[quote=“skeena2005”]It is not defeatist if this task force is made up of the same or similar system people who were part of the failure in the past. (along with many other failures…ongoing)

These people are part of the status quo & the general public is onto them, (85%) it is being discussed more & more, along with govt “salaries”, actual “expertise”, actual “skill.”, “qualifications”, “practical, proven success”…& so on, business assessments basically.

better for you to research this task force, than just get on board blindly, don’t you agree?

you may also need to research Te Taru White, the consultant working with the Port, who is anything but status quo…Mainstream, Global Business & the reason for all of the real discussion.

our infrastructure, which you may need to study, is rotted with status quo, 1st nation & govt,
our friend from New Zealand is introducing them to their conscience & reality.

I am reacting to how “certain” you seemed to be of yourself. An admirable quality,if one is actually certain.[/quote]

So now I will assume that you will be involving yourself to light the way for the “status quo” that make up the “same or similar failures from the past”.
It may take new people such as yourself to enlighten the rotted task forces of the past. I for one can’t wait to hear your ideas.
Unfortunately I don’t believe we saw you at any of the public meetings that were open to everyone to attend. I assume this because everyone who did attend were not so blatantly negative and full of themselves as to think that they are the only ones who know actually “know” anything.
I am reacting to the hostile and paranoid rant you have offered.
Of this I am “certain” !