Boston Pizza looking to open in Prince Rupert

Looks like BOSTON PIZZA is trying to find investors to open a franchise in Prince Rupert.

Take a look at the below:

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … estor.html

That would be great, Jim Treveling was here in town last year…Where would they build tho ???

Park Avenue is ripe for development IMO.

I am surprised this area has not been more developed commercially.

where would they build?? perhaps they could choose any number of empty store fronts and renovate and beautify! We could have the “mini” version of a Boston Pizza - just like Wal-Mart. Don’t know about the “patio dining”…how popular is it at Chances and the Crest?

That would be good, I love Boston Pizza but they have had a sign at the old Via Rail station for 2 years offering investment ops for a Mr. Mikes! Same as for Boston Pizza, where does this money come from? Who can afford an initial $600K investment? Check your wallets everyone, got a dime or 2? lol

Being born here and then living the last 27 years…I really would like to see something new built. No more “mini versions” . Third Ave is more designed for “boutique” style places. If the economy improves more maybe we can see more types of retail, restaurant places like that, but as of now most people can’t afford the fancier type places. Not much parking available either.

Yeah, there is that huge empty lot by the closed Park Avenue corner store. I would love to see a Boston Pizza here.

Who can afford an initial $600K investment?

Anyone from the Lower Mainland could sell their house, buy a bigger one up north here, pay for the move and have $600K for a franchinse. It’s getting them to come here that’s the problem.
Wah! It rains. It snows! It’s cold! There’s no Lululemon on the corner. Where would I get my Volvo serviced?

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Who can afford an initial $600K investment?

Anyone from the Lower Mainland could sell their house, buy a bigger one up north here, pay for the move and have $600K for a franchinse. It’s getting them to come here that’s the problem.
Wah! It rains. It snows! It’s cold! There’s no Lululemon on the corner. Where would I get my Volvo serviced?[/quote]

No, the problem is staff. If you have to hire locally, you’re better off sitting on your 600k.

[quote=“crazy Horse”]
No, the problem is staff. If you have to hire locally, you’re better off sitting on your 600k.[/quote]

If they can afford 600k they will be able to figure out staffing.

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“crazy Horse”]
No, the problem is staff. If you have to hire locally, you’re better off sitting on your 600k.[/quote]

If they can afford 600k they will be able to figure out staffing.[/quote]

Tell that to Pizza Hut.

[quote=“bc_girl”]

[quote=“hitest”]

If they can afford 600k they will be able to figure out staffing.[/quote]

Tell that to Pizza Hut.[/quote]

Pizza hut would have made a killing if it wasn’t for their shitty management in the beginning. That’s what killed them. It wasn’t the owners fault…

Pizza Hut needed to have a better presence from its owners. It didnt seem that there was ever a serious manager on site as the staff were preoccupied and gave terrible service. A franchisee with Boston Pizza will hopefully be hands on rather than absent as was the case with Pizza Hut.

As for locations there are many. 5 corners, inlander site, Elizabeth apartments site, Dairy Queen site, bowling alley area, or maybe even an area that’s occupied already. With a required investment of over a million dollars some serious land acquisition must have to take place. Who has property they want to sell?

Boston Pizza has been looking at Rupert for the last few years. The problem is that they want to go into the Cow Bay area. If they stick to that we will not be getting a very big storefront, such as the one in Terrace, since there is just no property big enough, at a good price in the Cow Bay area. As for the suggestion of the Elizabeth Apartments land, it is listed for $1.8 million. If I had that kind of money I would be buying condo’s in Vancouver, at least I would be assured of getting my money back, and then some.

How do you know they are wanting to locate in Cow Bay?

Friends in the real estate business.

Cow Bay?? Where the heck would they go there?? Along Park Ave is the only area really that would be able to handle a building and parking. What people are asking for lot prices are ridiculous, by the time you purchase a piece of property and build your looking at a small fortune…then you need to do damn good business to pay your monthly costs and hopefully make some sort of profit.