Bobby Clarke would throw his grandmother

Oh baby, this is one of the best quotes from the NHL in a long time.

Slightly pissed at the Flyers GM Bob Clarke, for making him have to double his salary offer to Ryan Kesler this week, Dave Nonis shouted out in anger.

“I was told a long time ago that Bob Clarke would kick his grandmother down a flight of stairs if it would give him a better chance of winning”  :astonished:

tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177607&hubname=

Too bad the two teams won’t meet this year, nhl.com/teams/van/schedule.html
unless it’s a Stanley Cup final (a most doubtful possibility) I was looking to bring your granny to the game night…Â   :unamused:

Paul Henderson added:

[quote]“To me, that was the low point of the series. If Clarke hits him with a body check and knocks him out, that’s fair and square. To go out and deliberately try to take somebody out, there’s no sportsmanship in that.”
To me, it’s the same as shooting a guy in the hallway. Clarke was probably the only guy on the whole team that would have done it. We had a lot of tough guys on that team but there weren’t many guys who played hockey that way. We had guys who would stand up and look you right in the eye, punch you in the nose if you had a fight, but I don’t think they would bushwhack. But that’s the way Clarke was as a player, and that’s the team he’s put together down in Philadelphia. That’s been his trademark. But it’s a free country."[/quote]

Also # 4 on this CBC list

Watch out Grandma!