Black Fly and Spider Season

Oh bubble trumps… they have infected it appears.
Yes, I have been enjoying the pleasures of nettles, with a dear friend of mine, Milford Cubicle.

No bug dope works properly against swarms of blackflies. Today, rookie planters on my crew were liberally spraying themselves over and over with deet, to no effect.

woooo, says the chumps who are probably reclining tonight watching survivor or what-have-you.

try working or playing in the deep bush or 50 feet from moresby swamp until dark…im sure you’ll get a lot accomplished breathing mosquitos…

Yeah, “rumor” has it… That the black flies are from the sand that they bought at the golf course for the traps… “rumor” has it that we got River sand, instead of the normal high quality beach sand that we are used to getting.

“Rumor” also has it, that the flies came with the winds from the interior that have been blowing recently.

As for bug dope, not much works. However, bug coils work very well to keep the bugs away, also… Start smoking colts/captain blacks, they work better than bug coils at keeping the black flies away.

Or a big fat Zuban stoge.

PJ’s has these new coffee flovored stoges, wonder if they’ll work. I might have to bring a variety, May long.

My foreman is a pretty positive guy. I’m on this 60 degree incline covered in slash near a slum pond with millions of blackflies. Trying to get it finished while inhaling 30 a second. I was getting raged out saying “Fuck it, I’ll do it later” he’s like “Pretend they’re cheering you on!!”

Blackflies are GAY.

[quote=“rangerwreck”]

My foreman is a pretty positive guy. I’m on this 60 degree incline covered in slash near a slum pond with millions of blackflies. Trying to get it finished while inhaling 30 a second. I was getting raged out saying “Fuck it, I’ll do it later” he’s like “Pretend they’re cheering you on!!”

Blackflies are GAY.[/quote]

Haha, “cheering you on” that’s awesome. Your block sounds like hell, how much are you getting per tree?

I had a blackfly go right inside my ear the other day and I couldn’t get it out. We planted a very slashy block as well, except that it wasn’t actually a block and we weren’t supposed to plant it.

The enormous block I’m on right now is a creamshow. 10.5 cents per tree on a piece of land that is perfect in almost every way. Totally flat, no slash, no residuals, there wasn’t even bugs due to the wind. I threw in a thousand without breaking a sweat, and then went back to the truck and talked for an hour with Tera, while the rooks tried to catch up to me. Tera had the unfortunate luck of getting a back injury on the nicest block we’ve had yet, so she was in the truck all day.

[quote=“rangerwreck”]

Blackflies are GAY.[/quote]

The bugs aren’t anywhere near that bad here, and I still swollow shit loads of blackflies when im out playing ball. Good new for the treeplanters though, the interior is dryer than normal, so the bugs will eventually calm down more into the summer, due to lack of snow runoff.