Bill Gates blasts the Anti-Vax conspiracy nuts

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“Dex”]

So now your saying vaccines increase population growth? facepalm[/quote]

facepalm you’re :smile:[/quote]

Thank-You for the correction.

So, Dex. Are you or are you not an anti-vaxxer?

[quote=“MiG”]I like this link better: Re: Mumps outbreak - lower mainland

You probably weren’t around HTMF at the time, Dex, but a few prominent HTMF members insisted that vaccines really did cause Autism. They claimed it was a global conspiracy, by Big Pharma, and that anybody who wasn’t a true believer was in on the conspiracy. Turns out the complete opposite was true. The anti-vaxers were actually helping Wakefield, who had a huge financial interest in fabricating his work.

Not a peep out of them now that the Wakefield MMR=Autism thing has been thoroughly debunked. I guess the Illuminati shut them up?[/quote]

I think people’s skepticism of the medical industry, including pharmas, helped this anti-vaxer community thrive. One must admit that there is much ignorance in the general pop on both sides when it involves vaccines and the medical industry does little to educate the public. When you see cases where people are crammed into shopping malls to get a vaccine for a flu virus that kills people you have to question why people would do this and why medical professionals would allowed this to happen. People’s risk of exposure to the flu virus which could lead to death were increased enormously and the medical professionals/industry did not intervene. According to jesus, even his friends pregnant wife and baby were hospitalized because of this. They allowed mass crowds to line up while they gave inoculations one by one; aren’t these people here to protect your health? So in conclusion, I do not focus too much on the ignorance of the anti-vaxers because I believe the pro-vaxers can be just as ignorant.

Personally? I would not generalize my position on vaccines. I believe some vaccines are certainly necessary and others are not; for me that is.