Being pumped at the pumps

[quote=“jesus”]

[quote=“cutter”]Have you read the thread title? or do you just lack comprehension skills? once again, I do not buy gas in prince rupert so its not about my discount, Its the natives who gas up in prince rupert who are getting hosed on their own reserve.

As far as taking it up with anyone, I would say I just did , wouldn’t you? Like it or not I just educated any native who gases up in prince rupert to just exactly how much they are getting over charged… its up to them if they want to look into it.

I have personally seen gas discounts in excess of 30 cents per litre on reserves in bc,

considering the fact that you are not native your personal opinion is irrelevant… enjoy your 5 cent discount[/quote]

I read the title, I comprehend you are unhappy with the price you pay for gas… Again I say woe is you. Considering I have an opinion on the matter I think I will voice it. The discount not good enough for you? thats too bad :wink: you get what they give you and obviously they are following the law so stuff it whiner.

I quite enjoy my 5 cent discount, they even gave me a special card with a number on it. Thats my exclusive member number they made up just for me. I’m kind of a big deal.[/quote]

once again, read the first sentence, i do not gas up in rupert . enjoy your wooden nickel discount… 5cents on 30 litres is what? a buck and a half? not enough to buy you a clue

[quote=“cutter”]

once again, read the first sentence, i do not gas up in rupert . enjoy your wooden nickel discount… 5cents on 30 litres is what? a buck and a half? not enough to buy you a clue[/quote]

I don’t gas up in rupert either. I care about as much for my 5 cent discount as I do others discounts. I pay whatever gas costs, its the cost of doing business and doesnt factor into my mind at all. In fact most of the time my gas is paid for by others.

I don’t see complaints from anyone else about how the discount is not good enough so it would seem most people are pretty grateful there is even a native discount gas station in rupert at all. That wasn’t always the case.

Why you so angry? lifes good enjoy it… or stress about a few bucks here and there out of other peoples wallets. Whatever is important to you man. You keep fighting the good fight, stick it to the man.

You probably don’t see anyone complaining because they have nothing to compare it to, their only option is to drive to terrace for a better rate.

Discount is a misleading word, natives are tax exempt on native land, they entitled to as much as 21% exemption that I know of plus any other promotions such as the 5cent discount loyalty card.

I can’t think of a region that could benefit more from full tax exemption than rupert due to its location and economy. Isn’t that the point of having a station on reserve, to help out their own people?

Angry? nah not really, disgusted is more appropriate.

[quote=“cutter”]You probably don’t see anyone complaining because they have nothing to compare it to, their only option is to drive to terrace for a better rate.

Discount is a misleading word, natives are tax exempt on native land, they entitled to as much as 21% exemption that I know of plus any other promotions such as the 5cent discount loyalty card.

I can’t think of a region that could benefit more from full tax exemption than rupert due to its location and economy. Isn’t that the point of having a station on reserve, to help out their own people?

Angry? nah not really, disgusted is more appropriate.[/quote]

Why would they complain about the discount. A discount is a savings of something is it not ?

Show me a gas station in BC where they will save 21%. The 5 cent card you are talking about is that the Esso or Petro Points card ?.

Why are you so disgusted at this gas station in Prince Rupert. You have nothing to do with Prince Rupert so Zip it.

300km round trip just to save a few cents a litre?