Being pumped at the pumps

So every gas station this morning were selling gas at $1:44 and less then 24hrs.before it was $1:35 , so why do we have to put up with a nine cent increase within such a short time . The gas in other areas of Canada is as low as $1:15 . How can the Suits just continue to screw us up the butts like that and no one is giving out kisses . What excuse will they throw at us this time ?

Terrace as of noon was still $1.34 Edmonton $1.19 Ft. McMurray $1.17 Toronto $1.26 Hamilton $1.32 On reserve gas in southern Ontario is as low as $1.01 There is no excuse though some have commented it is due to the Spring Break coming up but that is Canada wide so think again !

As of Noon the industrial park gas stn had not put up it’s prices. They said they had not got word yet to increase. I always head there when the prices are going up, they are the last to change them.

I’m pretty sure it was still $1.35 in the industrial park as I drove by today.

Filled up at fast gas this afternoon around 2 o’clock. Price was still $135.

An oil industry spokesperson I heard interviewed on the CBC (I wish I could be more specific about his name and his position in the organization he worked for) explained that the anticipated increase in demand expected during the summer months will cause prices at the pump to rise by about 20c/L. So in an effort to prevent “sticker shock” at the pump in July which would depress demand during the period of peak usage they would be ramping up their prices over the next few months gradually. This was to be for the consumers’ benefit. We wouldn’t want a sudden spike in gas prices to ruin our plans for the family vacation, would we?

I almost spat my coffee.

For our benefit the oil companies will charge us more for gasoline over the next 3 months than the supply demand curve would dictate without collusion and interference from the various retailers. The man being interviewed did not mention what would happen to the"extra" money but I wouldn’t guess that they’ll artificially lower the price in October to even the balance.

I suppose we should send them a thank-you card for taking such good care of us.

Price lowered? Is that like thinking the city will adjust the mil rate as property values increase?

The petro can gas station in the industrial site has the worst status gas exempt price I have seen in the province. They really are hosing the natives who drive out there.

The price is different for where you go. They are all not the same savings. This gas station you save 8 cents a litre

woe is me. my special status gas isnt cheap enough for my liking. the rest of us suckers have to pay full price you wanker. stfu and stop your bitching.

Grassy bay 1.41 terrace 1.34,hazelton 1.34,smithers 1.34 TODAY,you can thank Northwest fuels for the price hikes!!!

Just made a trip to Terrace and back, $1.329 best I saw there. I thought we were getting hosed here in the Fort at $1.299.
We’ve only 3 stations here, one in town, one out of town and one on the rez. The Band purchased the FasGas in town and the day it reopened prices at all three sjot up a dime.
In Prince George they were trying the regular pig-out with stations hiking prices by 20c or more, only to fall back when the others don’t follow. Can’t. cuz Costco won’t join in the oinkfest.
Best price along the way was Vanderhoof at $1.289. Guess it costs $6400,00 (.16c X 40,000L) to drive all that way to Rupert

exactly, 8 cents while the majority of items are taxed at 12 percent. some stations discount the tax in excess of 20 percent. Who is keeping the excess tax money?

jesus, shut your pie hole and pay your taxes, that station is on native land and the natives are entitled to their discount.

[quote=“cutter”]

exactly, 8 cents while the majority of items are taxed at 12 percent. some stations discount the tax in excess of 20 percent. Who is keeping the excess tax money?

jesus, shut your pie hole and pay your taxes, that station is on native land and the natives are entitled to their discount.[/quote]

I pay my taxes and don’t complain do you see any complaints from me about my price of gas? It doesn’t make the complaints of your gas not being cheap enough any less pathetic. Shut your pie hole and pay for what your gas costs.

Thats the point fool, gas costs less for natives on a reserve for a reason, natives are tax exempt. The high price of gas is mostly tax, so why is the gas station in rupert only discounting 8 cents when it should be close to 30 cents?

8 cents is a joke, whats next? might as well offer the natives in rupert a couple of beads to gas up at the industrial site.

btw jesus, I do not gas up in rupert period , just pointing out another example of people getting hosed up there.

You sir are the fool. I dont care that you get a discount, how much, or why. Complaining your discount isnt enough for your liking to a group of people who pay full price isnt going to get you any sympathy. Id say the same thing to a senior complaining or a student. Shut up and enjoy it. If its not enough for you take it up with management. Your bitching and whining to the public will get you nothing but negativity. Dont like it? Too bad.

Ps im part of a special club too. I get a 5c/l discount. Its pretty exclusive for members only.

Have you read the thread title? or do you just lack comprehension skills? once again, I do not buy gas in prince rupert so its not about my discount, Its the natives who gas up in prince rupert who are getting hosed on their own reserve.

As far as taking it up with anyone, I would say I just did , wouldn’t you? Like it or not I just educated any native who gases up in prince rupert to just exactly how much they are getting over charged… its up to them if they want to look into it.

I have personally seen gas discounts in excess of 30 cents per litre on reserves in bc,

considering the fact that you are not native your personal opinion is irrelevant… enjoy your 5 cent discount

They’re not getting hosed.
That difference between the discaount and the actual amount of tax is profit which is used in an entirely communist and alien sense. Instead of going into one guy’s pocket it goes to the Band.
Less demand for your subsidies. Jobs for both first nations people and others. I have bo sympathy for people in my town who won’t go the station on the rez. Several people are employed to pump the gas for you, at the same price you ay elsewhere to freeze your buts off doing it yourself. They’re trained old-fashioned - check the oil for you? Wipe the windows without asking…
There’s a whole bunch of people working at that station, and earning money to shop in my store. They’re buing houses off reserve, on my street and paying city taxes. Learning customer service with a smile, I’d bounce their apps up the list if they came to me for a job.
I can compare that with other gas stations - employing as few people as possible for as little as possible and delivering as little service as possible for the highest price they can get.

[quote=“cutter”]Have you read the thread title? or do you just lack comprehension skills? once again, I do not buy gas in prince rupert so its not about my discount, Its the natives who gas up in prince rupert who are getting hosed on their own reserve.

As far as taking it up with anyone, I would say I just did , wouldn’t you? Like it or not I just educated any native who gases up in prince rupert to just exactly how much they are getting over charged… its up to them if they want to look into it.

I have personally seen gas discounts in excess of 30 cents per litre on reserves in bc,

considering the fact that you are not native your personal opinion is irrelevant… enjoy your 5 cent discount[/quote]

I read the title, I comprehend you are unhappy with the price you pay for gas… Again I say woe is you. Considering I have an opinion on the matter I think I will voice it. The discount not good enough for you? thats too bad :wink: you get what they give you and obviously they are following the law so stuff it whiner.

I quite enjoy my 5 cent discount, they even gave me a special card with a number on it. Thats my exclusive member number they made up just for me. I’m kind of a big deal.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]They’re not getting hosed.
That difference between the discaount and the actual amount of tax is profit which is used in an entirely communist and alien sense. Instead of going into one guy’s pocket it goes to the Band.
Less demand for your subsidies. Jobs for both first nations people and others. I have bo sympathy for people in my town who won’t go the station on the rez. Several people are employed to pump the gas for you, at the same price you [ay elsewhere to freeze your buts off doing it yourself. They’re trained old-fashioned - check the oil for you? Wipe the windows without asking…
There’s a whole bunch of people working at that station, and earning money to shop in my store. They’re buing houses off reserve, on my street and paying city taxes. Learning customer service with a smile, I’d bounce their apps up the list if they came to me for a job.
I can compare that with other gas stations - employing as few people as possible for as little as possible and delivering as little service as possible for the highest price they can get.[/quote]

So its the band that is taxing its own members instead of the government? fuel suppliers pay fuel stations x amount per litter, if a non reserve station can pay employees without collecting taxes I am sure a native station can.

this station has self serve as well as full serve just like off reserve. pump your own gas save a few cents. it has nothing to do with the amount of tax collected…

I urge any status indians in prince rupert to look into this.[/quote]