BC Rail - Two bribes make a right

Anyone else wondering how much they were paid to fall on the sword? I was really hoping this trial would actually lead somewhere but I guess I was just being my typical optimistic self. Deep down though I knew the liberals would find a way to weasel out of this.

I still have a few questions like

Where are the emails, where are the backups of the emails that were ordered destroyed, where are the backups they found after the backups were ‘destroyed’, and who exactly ordered these emails destroyed. I mean we all know Campbell is the one who ordered them destroyed but I’d just like to hear it and then maybe get some criminal charges… or someone just shoot him in the face so I dont have to see that slimy grin anymore. I’m pretty sure if the liberals get elected again I’m going to have a stroke.

I might beat you to it.

I think Macleans was a couple of weeks early with their “Quebec is the most corrupt province” issue.

[quote=“jesus”]Anyone else wondering how much they were paid to fall on the sword? I was really hoping this trial would actually lead somewhere but I guess I was just being my typical optimistic self. Deep down though I knew the liberals would find a way to weasel out of this.

Where are the emails, where are the backups of the emails that were ordered destroyed, where are the backups they found after the backups were ‘destroyed’, and who exactly ordered these emails destroyed. I mean we all know Campbell is the one who ordered them destroyed but I’d just like to hear it and then maybe get some criminal charges… or someone just shoot him in the face so I dont have to see that slimy grin anymore. I’m pretty sure if the liberals get elected again I’m going to have a stroke.[/quote]

Unfortunately because the two gentlemen plead guilty the investigation is now concluded, that is, we won’t get to find out who initiated these dirty deeds. The only payback we can get will be at the ballot box, jesus. :smile:

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“jesus”]Anyone else wondering how much they were paid to fall on the sword? I was really hoping this trial would actually lead somewhere but I guess I was just being my typical optimistic self. Deep down though I knew the liberals would find a way to weasel out of this.

Where are the emails, where are the backups of the emails that were ordered destroyed, where are the backups they found after the backups were ‘destroyed’, and who exactly ordered these emails destroyed. I mean we all know Campbell is the one who ordered them destroyed but I’d just like to hear it and then maybe get some criminal charges… or someone just shoot him in the face so I dont have to see that slimy grin anymore. I’m pretty sure if the liberals get elected again I’m going to have a stroke.[/quote]

Unfortunately because the two gentlemen plead guilty the investigation is now concluded, that is, we won’t get to find out who initiated these dirty deeds. The only payback we can get will be at the ballot box, jesus. :smile:[/quote]

Public inquiry the head of which should be chosen by the NDP because we know exactly how the liberals make their choices *cough Trash heed *cough.

I’m pretty sure i’ll just have my stroke now.

Of course the Liberals come back and say no there will be no Public Inquire , of course not . When we have a Drunk Premier , a crooked Cabinet and more backroom criminals . What would a Public Inquire do after all is said and done ?

Just finished watching Global TV’s coverage.

When asked what they would say to people who think they were bought off, Basi and Virk both said “no comment and I refer you to office of the attorney general.”

Keith Baldrey almost seemed as relieved as the Lieberals must be. “There might have been embarrassing emails and wiretaps.” “A public inquiry would serve no purpose as it would be 10 years after the fact and people’s memories aren’t that good.” Nice investigative reporting.

I can only say “Wow”.

I missed the part where they dismissed the idea of a public inquiry because it would cost too much… They sure werent worried about cost when they sold off our asset for cents on the dollar after promising not to. Fucking slimy cocksuckers the bunch of them.

Carol James its time to retire and let someone like me (not me im going to have a stroke) tear these cocksuckers apart. You have been given all the ammunition in the world and have failed miserably… the fact there will be no inquiry is your fault completely. Time to retire you useless cow.

Wow Jesus do you have anything nice to say ? Get over it you bunch of left wing wacko’s it’s no different than Bingogate, or the Fast Cat fiasco. It would be great if Carol stayed on, then all you NDPer’s could possibly suffer another 3 years of the liberals, and hopefully have those strokes that you promise us! See you at the polls.

Moderator; How about some discreation on the language from Jesus, so what if Jesus posted a bizillion times it’s not appropriate.

I don’t think you get to call people names and then on the very next line ask the moderators to step in.

Sorry, if you’re going to call people “wackos” for objecting to bribery and corruption, you don’t get to set the rules on language.

fair enough…fuck the left wing wacko’s they can suck it up. Two bribes make it right wing!

So you’re ok with bribes and breaking the law (not to mention election promises) as long as it’s the Liberals doing it? Do you own a business? Would it be ok for a Liberal to break into your store and steal stuff, because, you know, he’s a Liberal? And it’s ok for them to break the law, right?

[quote=“Zeepilot”]Wow Jesus do you have anything nice to say ? Get over it you bunch of left wing wacko’s it’s no different than Bingogate, or the Fast Cat fiasco. It would be great if Carol stayed on, then all you NDPer’s could possibly suffer another 3 years of the liberals, and hopefully have those strokes that you promise us! See you at the polls.

Moderator; How about some discreation on the language from Jesus, so what if Jesus posted a bizillion times it’s not appropriate.[/quote]

Fast ferries? please thats a drop in the bucket compared to this not to mention it was over 10 years ago? Not to mention the fact I do not recall any allegations of fraud, insider trading etc surrounding the fast ferries, Not to mention all of the money for the fast ferries went back into the BC economy, Not to mention a certain premier sold the ferries way way below value in order to use it as a political talking point for over a decade… Not to mention there was no illegal destruction of documents regarding the fast ferries Is that all you have?

Bingogate? I’m a little young for that is that the one where the premier stepped down for the good of the province even though he was not implicated in the scheme? Kind of like how Campbell stepped down over the BC rail sale for the good of the province even though he was not personally implicated?

Let me guess next you’re going to bring up glen clarkes deck? you know the incident where he was cleared of any conflict of interest but had already resigned for the good of the province… and who was the one screaming for his resignation the loudest? oh thats right our “honorable” premier Gordon Campbell. Do you see a trend forming here?

Left wing wacko? Please. I and many others in BC do not like being bent over and raped by our government repetitively. Nice things to say? sure I’ve got lots but not about this government.

Please come back to the discussion when you have removed your head from your ass and are able to come up with a logical argument.

Bad bad thief… house arrest for you. Make sure you are home by 11 at night until 6am ok? thats your punishment for accepting bribes…

Oh hey look a non disclosure agreement barring them from talking about their time in office. Awesome not a blatant cover up at all. Hopefully they havent completely gutted healthcare I’m on my way to the ER because i cant feel the left side of my face.

ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca … lumbiaHome

Here is Rafe Mair’s take.

The law is abundantly clear on the test to be applied: here is the oft cited aphorism of Lord Hewart from Rex v. Sussex Justices; Ex parte McCarthy:

“… it is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance, that justice should not only be done, but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.”

As a consequence of this “deal” these things have happened:

Basi and Virk, on very serious cases which one would think should have brought serious consequences, plead guilty as charged but all but get off scot free.
Gary Collins, then Minister in charge of the “lease” of BC Rail to CN, does not have to give evidence
Gordon Campbell will not have to testify which, considering his difficulty with the truth in other matters, avoids what for him might take considerable exertion
A case bringing more and more uncomfortable evidence by the day for the Campbell government is suddenly over
What really happened in this matter can only be speculated upon
I leave it with you, the citizens of British Columbia - was the settled test as enunciated by Lord Justice Hewitt, namely, “justice should not only be done, but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done” met in this case?

I doubt that even the 9% of the public that supports Mr. Campbell would think that it was.

The whole article is here. pacificfreepress.com/news/1- … -virk.html

And this was written before the non-disclosure agreement. I am shocked and disgusted beyond words. It makes the implementation of the HST look tame and I was angry about that. I am not sure how low these guys can sink and I don’t mean in the polls.

[quote=“DWhite”]Here is Rafe Mair’s take.

The law is abundantly clear on the test to be applied: here is the oft cited aphorism of Lord Hewart from Rex v. Sussex Justices; Ex parte McCarthy:

“… it is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance, that justice should not only be done, but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.”

As a consequence of this “deal” these things have happened:

Basi and Virk, on very serious cases which one would think should have brought serious consequences, plead guilty as charged but all but get off scot free.
Gary Collins, then Minister in charge of the “lease” of BC Rail to CN, does not have to give evidence
Gordon Campbell will not have to testify which, considering his difficulty with the truth in other matters, avoids what for him might take considerable exertion
A case bringing more and more uncomfortable evidence by the day for the Campbell government is suddenly over
What really happened in this matter can only be speculated upon
I leave it with you, the citizens of British Columbia - was the settled test as enunciated by Lord Justice Hewitt, namely, “justice should not only be done, but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done” met in this case?

I doubt that even the 9% of the public that supports Mr. Campbell would think that it was.

The whole article is here. pacificfreepress.com/news/1- … -virk.html

And this was written before the non-disclosure agreement. I am shocked and disgusted beyond words. It makes the implementation of the HST look tame and I was angry about that. I am not sure how low these guys can sink and I don’t mean in the polls.[/quote]

with any luck 6’ under.