BC Provincial Examination Marks: English 12

I did well in English 12, but the provincials raped me. Yet I still passed English 12 with a decent grade, but have to redo the course for the purpose of satisfying entrance requirements.

Art and creativity isn’t my forte, but go figure.

BTW, will somebody explain to me purpose of learning Shakespearean English? O_o

You may have something there. This essay wouldn’t warrant a very good grade - for even a 7th grader, let alone an English 12 teacher.
Wouldn’t expect the students to do well given this command of the vernacular.

So, what do we have here? This is like being at Chances and trying to cover your bet.

If doordoor ISN’T a teacher, then no harm done.
If doordoor IS a teacher then two things are known and it’s not that encouraging.

As for another question posed about studying Shakespeare.
You’ve heard the old saying, “There’s no such thing as a dumb question?” Well, it’s not true. hehehehehe

[quote=“PinchLoaf”]doordoor said:

Okay, First off, no one was getting over 90 Percent in any of the first term English classes at PRSS.

Two, everyone had a chance at English. Those so-called “97% kids” all did poorly at English and even kids who are “60% kids” could do well in English 12.

In my class only four kids got over 86 percent in English 12 and out of those 4 kids, 2 got less than 86 on their provincial and one was Asian. The other got an A and he is Asian. The other got an A and she is not Asian.

Lastly, all the essays in class were marked by one teacher and were evaluated through many many essays, questions and tests. The provincial is marked by several different teachers and is based off three essays + multiple choice. Obviously the class marks are a more better evaluation of a student’s English marks. ( AND from what I know, our English 12 teacher is not biasd at all)

So don’t make some baseless claims about, or suggesting that somehow race has something with English provincial marks.

Aw Geez. doordoor, if you are a teacher at PRSS, should you be revealing confidential student information?
Is this normal practice for SD52 teachers? Does SD52 administration and policy condone this breach of confidentiality?
Don’t even need a class list to figure out exactly who it is you are talking about.[/quote]

Totall off topic, but WHY do you start EVERY post with “Aw Geez” sometimes it doesn’t even make sense with what you are saying. Is this a catch phrase that you are trying to establish for yourself here?

No disrespect, I seriously am just trying to figure out why you use this as the opener for ever post you make here at HTMF.

[quote=“bthedog”]

[quote=“PinchLoaf”]doordoor said:

Okay, First off, no one was getting over 90 Percent in any of the first term English classes at PRSS.

Two, everyone had a chance at English. Those so-called “97% kids” all did poorly at English and even kids who are “60% kids” could do well in English 12.

In my class only four kids got over 86 percent in English 12 and out of those 4 kids, 2 got less than 86 on their provincial and one was Asian. The other got an A and he is Asian. The other got an A and she is not Asian.

Lastly, all the essays in class were marked by one teacher and were evaluated through many many essays, questions and tests. The provincial is marked by several different teachers and is based off three essays + multiple choice. Obviously the class marks are a more better evaluation of a student’s English marks. ( AND from what I know, our English 12 teacher is not biasd at all)

So don’t make some baseless claims about, or suggesting that somehow race has something with English provincial marks.

Aw Geez. doordoor, if you are a teacher at PRSS, should you be revealing confidential student information?
Is this normal practice for SD52 teachers? Does SD52 administration and policy condone this breach of confidentiality?
Don’t even need a class list to figure out exactly who it is you are talking about.[/quote]

Totall off topic, but WHY do you start EVERY post with “Aw Geez” sometimes it doesn’t even make sense with what you are saying. Is this a catch phrase that you are trying to establish for yourself here?

No disrespect, I seriously am just trying to figure out why you use this as the opener for ever post you make here at HTMF.[/quote]

Aw Geez. You nailed it buddy.

It’s also called “Archie Bunker Syndrome”.

My goodness.

There are CCW’s (Child Care Workers) working in the classrooms as well as the teachers. Has anyone stopped to consider that doordoor is one? People jump to conclusions far too quickly on here.

[quote=“tekkitten”]My goodness.

There are CCW’s (Child Care Workers) working in the classrooms as well as the teachers. Has anyone stopped to consider that doordoor is one? People jump to conclusions far too quickly on here.[/quote]

doordoor is a student:

[quote=“doordoor”] ( AND from what I know, our English 12 teacher is not biasd at all)
[/quote]

I apologize for causing a big dispute. I sincerely apologize to doordoor for a giant misunderstanding.

I know for a fact that the English 12 teacher has a very strict rubric and tight deadlines for assignments and essays. I guess comparing a course that is elapsed over a long period to a 3 hour exam is kind of stupid, so pardon me for that.

What I initially wanted to ask was, not if the local teacher was biased or not but if the Provincial marking was lenient? It doesn’t really matter now but I just wanted to clarify that I meant no insult to anyone.

Here’s an interesting look at standardized testing from an insider:

truth-out.org/test-scorers-a … rades68725