B&Es

If a local mental case were to read some of the posts in this discussion and killed a local 15 yr old with a baseball bat…?

I recommend Ffloyds too!!

well it would depend on how good of a lawyer the mental case had if it would cost the government/community more or less.

I think buddy is out of jail, I’m pretty sure I saw him walking down Park Ave on Thursday - Correct me if I’m wrong.

Right Coast, the local mental case is the 15 year old ( 17 actually ) breaking into your home in the middle of the night to steal your shit, to support his drug habit.
And heads up fellow Rupertites he is definitely out and about and on the prowl once again.

Do yourself and your neighbors a favor.Find the kid and give him $50 or a bag of weed,or both. Tell him the deal is that he is to leave your home,and the rest of your street off his route. I have lived all over the world.That’s how shit works when the legal system has broken down. You may even find a big screen tv on your back porch.If everybody stays insured everybody wins and the insurance company takes a beating.

I think these kind of dirt bags should be taken on a one way crabbing trip. This little shit is like one from before named JP and when I hit him with my truck so I could talk to him about the bike he just stole from my garage a friend of mine TALKED to him and two days later her also returned some money for the problems he created. We need to do more of this kind of work because the law is just a business and not a justice system like so many seem to think it is. We get in trouble for protecting our homes , property and familys so these kind of shits can be repeat offenders and create jobs for the layers and judges. Since our nice little town has turned into a reserve latley and if you dont think so try going for a walk at nigh through down town and feel how safe you feel. Thats my bitch for a while. Stay safe and keep an eye on your kids and home folks.

Ya, have you ever paid the $500 deductible on your precious insurance and then had to fight like hell to get a nickel towards replacement of items? It’s not easy and if you make a claim your insurance jumps. If you make a couple claims you get blackballed and can’t even get insurance. Don’t tell me we win when it comes to those rip off companies, they are as bad as the kid who is doing the B&E

I completely disagree that nobody loses by doing this you are rewarding criminal behaviour. He goes from being a thief to an extortionist. Also whoever he steals the big screen TV from that ends up on your porch like roja pointed has to pay the deductible on their insurance, etc. Also my friends and neighbours across town who are the next one’s who’s homes are broken into lose as well. Everybody clearly does NOT win, and the only one that should be “taking a beating” as you put it is… Hmmm, I wonder, Maybe the shit head who is being the community menace, by terrorizing and threatening us all. When is enough, enough?
Just an observation, but people in wheelchairs seldom commit crimes like this. Also for Smurfette, who warns us about ‘cautionary tales’, of vigilantism from national media. If this happens to you in your home where they pose a clear and present threat to you and your families it is clearly NOT vigilantism. And if you are charged with stepping over the line in terms of the use of force, then you can defend your rights in a court of law, and I love the slogan from the NRA in the U.S., “I would rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six.”

Insurance is a hassle… I carry tenants insurance with a $500 deductible as well. Plus the fact following a robbery one does not just go and collect a cheque. It can take months to sort out … These kids that are terrorizing hard working people should be placed in real prison. I know of one that went into the PG prison for a while but it seems like it’s more of a vacation for them… Making deals with the kids that do this stuff shows that the laws are not working…

My dad says this kid is an amateur, and they should send him to prison to learn to be a real pro.

yeah that’s a good point… Sometimes I think the Americans have the answer, shoot whoever invades your home…

odds are the gun will be used by your kids on their friends before you pop some boris badnikoff in your basement stealing your dvds.

I stand corrected. "everybody wins if everybody stays insured"was dumb. Not everybody is capable of turning a small insurance claim into a bonanza.And in a perfect world we should not have to. And if paying extortion money to the kid is unworkable,then i might suggest paying protection money to a third party. For example.my mother lives in a safe community that is surrounded by seedy areas. Last year the surrounding scum started to hang around her neighborhood. The cops were powerless to get the scum to stay away. Turns out that the hells angels had pensioned mothers in the area.Problem solved.No charge.Rupert has gangs. Perhaps they could be contacted to have a discussion with our little loose cannon.

Here’s what Williams Lake did when crime was a problem there

theprovince.com/news/took+ba … story.html

Excellent digging Smurfette, After 70 posts of blithering (including mine),you have found a workable solution. I am planning to move back to Rupert soon. When i arrive i plan to check with all the powers that be,to see if they have read the article.

You are under arrest!

cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/ … s-122.html

I had some family members in the lower mainland a few years ago that rented a house from and lived right next door to some Hell’s Angels members, said they never felt safer.
I think right coast is basically right here, except the ’ gang ’ here should be a combination of the law abiding citizens of this community working together with the local RCMP like smurfette has pointed out to us all this has been made to work in other communities, lets pull together here and turn things around instead of just venting about it here on this site.
I saw a funny T-shirt some time ago it said “R.C.M.P. The worlds Largest street gang”. Lets put them to work for us?
And if this new legislation Smurfette has dug up for us is eventually enacted we can look forward to making some ’ citizens arrests’ together as a community.