B&Es

[quote=“Justin Case”]

They tried that shit years back and it was not what they would call successful , if it is the same format this time well its a waste of your tax money. Put the little pricks in cells for a week or two and then maybe it will work , I feel the same way in regards to the kid who steals a car and is drinking , take the little prick to the city morgue and make them sit there for awhile with visions of where he or she can end up. Time for government in charge to stop pussy footing around with these punks …Peace…[/quote]

It’s a new television series Justincase, before ya go on a rant make sure you read what I’m saying lol. It has nothing to do with taxpayer money, and I doubt it’s even filmed in canada.

You’re missing the point, you originally said that the “police were helpless to do anything” but, as you point out “He is in jail because of parole or probation violations” so clearly the justice system has done its job in this instance.

Maybe sitting back isn’t the thing to do as you proclaimed, but grabbing the posse as seemed to be the trend at times in the thread, it would seem in this instance wouldn’t have been a wise strategy, as in the end the system did it’s thing.

Anyways, just like the old days of AM radio, here’s a song dedication for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1JOFhfoAD4

What I am saying is the concept did not work or does not work , if it is done in the USA then it will only be Propaganda shit as Americans are so used to doing . Or some Bullshit reality show . Before you start to rant Bubba read between the lines…lol

That was my point it IS a reality show… I’m not ranting, I’m just making sure you understand what I’m saying.

I still like the idea of removing 3 fingers off of 1 hand and then setting him free…

Bubba, have you ever seen the short movie put out years ago by the USA Government called " Refer Madness"
that is American Propaganda.

[quote=“jesus”]

he tripped and fell on my baseball bat.[/quote]

Officer, i swear he fell down my stairs, im not sure what stairs he fell down but i know for a fact i saw him fall down a flight of stairs!

The link below can answer some questions regarding the fellow whose picture was posted. Just type in his name. He was born in 1992 and yes he is in custody.

eservice.ag.gov.bc.ca/cso/esear … 5XDqQLvpAe

No, not really. And if you tell the cops that you were protecting your property when you beat the crap out of him, expect to get charged. While you can’t beat the shit outta the kid (although he deserves it), you can make a citizen’s arrest. This gives you more rights (in regards to apprehending a thief) than defending your property. If this case you can use reasonable force to apprehend him (reasonable to be determined by others). Just make sure you tell the kid (and the cops) that you were making a citizen’s arrest. Sounds stupid as it seems like a technicality. But welcome to Canadian law, and the fact we have no property rights.

Welcome to the Liberals Young Offender’s Act, make sure you thank them… ::rolleyes::

[quote=“Riptide”]

No, not really. And if you tell the cops that you were protecting your property when you beat the crap out of him, expect to get charged. While you can’t beat the shit outta the kid (although he deserves it), you can make a citizen’s arrest. This gives you more rights (in regards to apprehending a thief) than defending your property. If this case you can use reasonable force to apprehend him (reasonable to be determined by others). Just make sure you tell the kid (and the cops) that you were making a citizen’s arrest. Sounds stupid as it seems like a technicality. But welcome to Canadian law, and the fact we have no property rights. … [/quote]

Citing some legal authorities might help. An owner or occupant (eg a tenant) can use “as much force as is necessary” to prevent a person from forcibly breaking into or entering a dwelling house:

Criminal code of Canada
40. Every one who is in peaceable possession of a dwelling-house, and every one lawfully assisting him or acting under his authority, is justified in using as much force as is necessary to prevent any person from forcibly breaking into or forcibly entering the dwelling-house without lawful authority.

Age does not appear to make any difference, other than that less force should be needed when dealing with little people.

If the person is trespassing but not “forcibly entering”, you can use “no more force than is necessary”, which appears to be less than “as much force as is necessary”, to prevent the trespass or remove them:

1. (1) Every one who is in peaceable possession of a dwelling-house or real property, and every one lawfully assisting him or acting under his authority, is justified in using force to prevent any person from trespassing on the dwelling-house or real property, or to remove a trespasser therefrom, if he uses no more force than is necessary.

An owner can make a citizen’s arrest as well, but only if the person is committing an offence, and the owner must “forthwith deliver” the person to a peace officer.

494(2) Any one who is
(a) the owner or a person in lawful possession of property, or
(b) a person authorized by the owner or by a person in lawful possession of property,
may arrest without warrant a person whom he finds committing a criminal offence on or in relation to that property.

Citizens arrest does not appear to give any power to use force, beyond those of a home owner or occupant.

Breaking and entering is obviously a criminal offence, but caution would be appear to be called for under circumstances where it is not clear why the person is on the property. I would doubt that a citizens arrest could be justified if the person was there because they were confused or for some reason thought they had been invited in. You can only arrest someone “committing a criminal offense”. That being said, the onus is on them to explain why they are there:

1. (1) Every person who, without lawful excuse, the proof of which lies on that person, enters or is in a dwelling-house with intent to commit an indictable offence in it is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

My overall read of the situation, based on what has been said, is that a home owner or occupant would be within their rights holding a person, say in a head lock or bear hug, until the police arrive to take charge of them. Telling them that a citizens arrest is being made may not be a bad idea as well.

Just to clarify it was a question only I have no intention of defending my property … he had better take all the junk with him along with the good stuff if he comes to visit my house LOL

First of all, thank you to Saltybear for making this Community aware of this situation. I have known this young man ( Julian ) since he was a little kid, and he is well on his way down a very dangerous path, that could well end with him in prison or worse if he doesn’t make some changes very soon. Reading some of the obvious sentiments in many of the posts here, it is quite clear many people want to do something more about this, there is something else to be considered here. Those of us and you with children at home can consider any invasion of our homes and privacy a direct threat to not only our property but our families, something that changes the dynamics of a situation, if or when some ignorant little fuck like this decides to come calling. Stealing property is one thing, but being inside my home in the presence of my children is a direct threat to them, and something that would earn him a lesson about ‘reasonable force’. If you are threatened or thought your families are threatened by an intruder invading your home, the perception of what constitutes reasonable force changes entirely.

The Youth Offenders Act was repelled in 2002 and replaced by the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

Here’s an excerpt regarding detention prior to conviction:

1. (1) A youth justice court judge or a justice shall not detain a young person in custody prior to being sentenced as a substitute for appropriate child protection, mental health or other social measures.

Detention presumed unnecessary
(2) In considering whether the detention of a young person is necessary for the protection or safety of the public under paragraph 515(10)(b) (substantial likelihood — commit an offence or interfere with the administration of justice) of the Criminal Code, a youth justice court or a justice shall presume that detention is not necessary under that paragraph if the young person could not, on being found guilty, be committed to custody on the grounds set out in paragraphs 39(1)(a) to © (restrictions on committal to custody).

39: 39. (1) A youth justice court shall not commit a young person to custody under section 42 (youth sentences) unless

(a) the young person has committed a violent offence;

(b) the young person has failed to comply with non-custodial sentences;

© the young person has committed an indictable offence for which an adult would be
liable to imprisonment for a term of more than two years and has a history that indicates
a pattern of findings of guilt under this Act or the Young Offenders Act, chapter Y-1
of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1985; or

(d) in exceptional cases where the young person has committed an indictable offence,
the aggravating circumstances of the offence are such that the imposition of a non-custodial
sentence would be inconsistent with the purpose and principles set out in section 38.

Parliament does not want to put youths in jail, especially for non-violent break ins and thefts.

Why charge him. It is obviously o.k to kick him in the face or taser him. Hmmm
Although fetal alchy babys dont ever learn, no matter how hard you kick’em. Hahah

A note of caution for all ye who wish to be vigilantes

vancouversun.com/news/Three+ … story.html

[quote=“Smurfette”]A note of caution for all ye who wish to be vigilantes

vancouversun.com/news/Three+ … story.html[/quote]

Scott from Floyds hairdressing is a great guy. He sure has endured over the years. He has been personally threatened by thugs in the past and stood up to them. Floyds is a great place to get an affordable haircut and is a memorable “experience”. Drop in if you are in the area.

I see that the RCMP is warning the community again about locking doors to cars and homes as there have been more break ins reported

cftktv.com/News/Story.aspx?ID=1343791

This explains the footsteps in the snow through my back yard and up to the back door then along the side of my house. These cocksuckers best not break into my house either me or my dog will get to them… possibly both.

It’s a long way to swan dive from my patio…

This also explains the random barking from my dog in the middle of the night the past few nights… and the tim hortons garbage left in my back yard. I mean really if you’re gonna try and break into my house you should at least take your fucking garbage with you.

[quote=“jesus”]This explains the footsteps in the snow through my back yard and up to the back door then along the side of my house.

.[/quote]

I see this all the time around my house. All of my neighbours around me have had break-ins (cars, houses).

And another cautionary tale for those at home

news.nationalpost.com/2011/01/20 … attackers/