B & E's are becoming to much!

I moved into my house at the end of September, and have had 2 attempts of B & E, well what i think they are…one my motion light was twisted out and 2 my dogs were growling under breath at 4am!!! i didn’t think anything of it because there was a group of kids walking by at the same time, so i got up, turned the lights on, looked around and nothing!! but the next morning there was a cop across the street by our neighbors house looking in and outside the house!! apparently she had been broken into!!!
Since i’ve been living here which was only 7 months, i have only seen a couple of cops drive by!! and about 5 B & E attempts, and just one the other night!!! the cops were hanging around the bottom of the hill and one cruiser went speeding by-but is that what there waiting for, something to happen before they do their nightly drive by’s?

Honestly what do we need to do, start a neighborhood watch i assume…

What’s your thoughts?

I thought we have the Citizens On Patrol program in town? =.=

BTW, didn’t mean to hi-jack your thread but seriously, the only time I had my car got vandalized is when I’m in Rupert for the extended period of time. Just to show deep the problem that’s plaguing Rupert.

B & E’s were down for a while, but there’s a bad bunch again. This topic was posted back in January. Check out the pic and board.

img411.imageshack.us/img411/5616/92417578.jpg

http://forum.hackingthemainframe.com/t/b-es/12858/1

The kid(17)was just let out of jail…pretty bad when the police put a notice in the paper to make sure you keep doors and windows locked!He lives on Kootenay so that was the area he was picking on.

If some one catches this kid in their house, DRAG HIM IN , THEN beat the shit out of the kid break his legs… Say he fell down the stairs breaking into the house too!

As far as I am aware, the youth in the above photo is not the one who was released lately. Not that he is not out there doing damage, of course. The ones who stole from us not long ago were not at all youths and very active as well. We have had so many B&E attempts lately all over the city. It really is very frustrating.

Be aware of whistling a night!

I throught I heard someone whistle last night around 2 am. I thought I must be hearing things, so I listened and again I heard another weird whistle. Low like a signal. I looked out the back peep hole and couldn’t see anything, but heard a low voice. Freaked me out so I turned on my outside porch light and hear “F#@K” and foot steps on the sidewalk. I still couldn’t see anything from door or window, so I ran to front of house and seen nothing.

Two many ways to run. I just told my family, who lives close by and they had the same thing happened. Heard a whistle, but couldn’t see anything. I’m guessing people are working in pairs. I’m on the East end of town, so be aware of your surroundings.

[quote=“Brokencloud”]Be aware of whistling a night!

I throught I heard someone whistle last night around 2 am. I thought I must be hearing things, so I listened and again I heard another weird whistle. Low like a signal. I looked out the back peep hole and couldn’t see anything, but heard a low voice. Freaked me out so I turned on my outside porch light and hear “F#@K” and foot steps on the sidewalk. I still couldn’t see anything from door or window, so I ran to front of house and seen nothing.

Two many ways to run. I just told my family, who lives close by and they had the same thing happened. Heard a whistle, but couldn’t see anything. I’m guessing people are working in pairs. I’m on the East end of town, so be aware of your surroundings.[/quote]

Did you call the police, offer up a direction of travel and a description if possible?

I would hope so. People complain the police are never around when they need them. If you hear people prowling around your house late at night then call the police! If not for your sake, then the sake of the neighbor who’s house they move on to.

Can some of you let us know what part of the city you are in?

Like what parts of the east or west side?

Is this happening in the same area or all over?

I am on the east side. 11th and frederick. we have had many B&E attempts around here. Just the other night, same thing low whistles. be very aware…of where things are and how ya left em. I am likethe rest of Rupert. tired of having to protect whats mine and believe me… would be the first one out the door with “a bat”. Police have been here 2x…both times rain " wiped the scent away".

roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/20 … =400&h=465