B.C. Liberals battered in losing PR battle over HST

Interesting article about the HST in the Globe and Mail.

B.C. Liberals battered in losing PR battle over HST

[quote]But the biggest thing hurting the government is the widespread perception that it lied to the people about the HST. That is the single biggest weapon the opposing forces now have against Mr. Campbell, and the Premier hasn’t found a way to convince people otherwise.

I doubt he ever will.[/quote]

It’s only a perception that they lied?
I guess we’re all mistaken then. Sorry Gordo.

The Liberals are praying that voters have short memories.  The HST debacle is gaining traction.  I never thought I would be rooting for Willy Zahm.  :smiley:

Campbell has already said he doesn’t care what the petition says hst will be implemented.

Apparently the will of the people does not matter because ‘hst will create jobs’.

The liberals are just doing what’s best for us even though we disagree. We should be thankful or something

It’s the typical parent/child thinking that most politicians have. They know what’s best for us and will tell us what to do no matter what we think about it.

I am hopeful that Vander Zalm will be able to keep this on the front page for quite some time.  Gordo’s arrogance may hurt the Liberals in 2013.  The NDP needs to keep the big lie alive.

Perhaps you meant the liberals are doing what is best for business regardless of the impact on the citizens of B.C.  

It’s not hard to see how inefficient and costly having two sales taxes are. I support easing the bureacratic burden on business and the taxpayer. The ironic thing is that if the liberals had acted in a less arrogant and more transparent fashion by  agreeing to have a real public debate,  I would have been in favour of a more efficient tax system that was neutral in terms of it’s overall impact on me.

As it stands now… I’ll look forward to the recall campaigns if Campbell dares to  follow through on his stance that he’ll ignore the results of the HST petition.

Campbell is a supremely arrogant leader; I am almost certain that he will ignore the results of the HST petition.  I too look forward to the recall campaigns.

I think you missed the sarcasm in my post. Not that I blame you it is pretty hard to get sarcasm over the internet

[quote=“Speakuppr”]
Perhaps you meant the liberals are doing what is best for business regardless of the impact on the citizens of B.C.  [/quote]

Perhaps you should clarify that you actually meant “…the Liberals are doing what is best for big business regardless of the impact on small business owners and citizens of BC.”

I know that’s what you actually meant.